Extol - Embraced on eBay??

Share the fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Hårdrocksemil

Postby EYESORE STUDIO » Tue Oct 10, 2006 14:44

Altruist wrote:Oh wait... I finally get what's going on. The 3rd track is titled Independent, isn't it... Originally I thought that it meant that it was an independent release (as if the very very demo packaging didn't give that away), but I couldn't figure out why it was numbered. In fact, I thought that 1. Embraced was the title of the demo, 3. Independent was how it was released, but I couldn't figure out what track 2 was. I guess all 3 are track titles since Embraced is also a song on the demo, not just the demo title. The 3rd track being called Independent rather than The Prodigal Son just threw me I guess.

-Yes. I have never heard the track "Independent" anywhere else. The song "Track II" is on the other Embraced demo, but it had been given a name by this time. I don't have a tape player at the moment in which I trust to play this tape to verify which song "Track II" is, but I played the tape when I first got it and verified that it was 1 of the 3 songs listed as being on the "Embraced" demo according to the Metal Archives site.
EYESORE STUDIO
Metal Addict

Postby Max » Tue Oct 10, 2006 15:03

EYESORE STUDIO wrote:What does the cassette look like? Is it professionally printed on or hand written on? Clear or black?

Clear demotape with a white sticker on it with handwritten Extol Embraced on it, in black

the Embraced demo-artwork is also not professionally printed, it looks rather like a home-print on A4, cut and folded.
www.JesusMetal.com
The Extreme Side of Christianity

Max
Metal Hero

Title: MadMax

Postby EYESORE STUDIO » Tue Oct 10, 2006 15:37

JesusMetal wrote:
EYESORE STUDIO wrote:What does the cassette look like? Is it professionally printed on or hand written on? Clear or black?

Clear demotape with a white sticker on it with handwritten Extol Embraced on it, in black

the Embraced demo-artwork is also not professionally printed, it looks rather like a home-print on A4, cut and folded.

-Thanks!

Before I bought the tape, I questioned the guy about the picture on the Metal Archives. He said that he had never seen that before and for all he knows that that one may be a fake, but assured me that he received the demo from the band along with a handwritten note from Peter. I was up in the air about bying it accept that I was also purchasing a Lengsel demo from him, so he gave me a nice package deal. And I definitely did not want to lose the Lengsel demo over it. Is there anything written on the inside of the j-card on yours?
EYESORE STUDIO
Metal Addict

Postby Max » Tue Oct 10, 2006 15:40

j-card?
the cover is printed on a cut part of an A4, the rest is printed grey with white lyrics, all the lyrics. A bandpic and notes about line-up and recording.
www.JesusMetal.com

Max
Metal Hero

Postby EYESORE STUDIO » Tue Oct 10, 2006 15:45

I am not familiar with what an A4 is, so I assumed that you were refering to a j-card.
EYESORE STUDIO
Metal Addict

Postby Max » Tue Oct 10, 2006 15:48

a4 is the regular size of a piece of paper (didn't realise it's European standard)
www.JesusMetal.com

Max
Metal Hero

Postby Ghâshûl » Tue Oct 10, 2006 16:55

I don't know what a hoobawakka is, I thought you were refering to the ramalamadingdong.

It's great that we have different standards, so we always know whats up! :)
Ghâshûl
Metal Deity

Title: Danish Dynamite

Postby Lucas » Tue Oct 10, 2006 19:38

JesusMetal wrote:a4 is the regular size of a piece of paper (didn't realise it's European standard)

European A4 = American 8.5 x 11 inch
As usual, Canadians can't make up their minds so we use both. Haha.

And the J-card is the little paper sleeve thingy that is inside the cassette case (if you look at it from the side, it's shaped like a J).
Lucas
Metal Hero

Title: Can't I just leave it blank?

Postby Altruist » Tue Oct 10, 2006 22:55

EYESORE STUDIO wrote:
Altruist wrote:Oh wait... I finally get what's going on. The 3rd track is titled Independent, isn't it... Originally I thought that it meant that it was an independent release (as if the very very demo packaging didn't give that away), but I couldn't figure out why it was numbered. In fact, I thought that 1. Embraced was the title of the demo, 3. Independent was how it was released, but I couldn't figure out what track 2 was. I guess all 3 are track titles since Embraced is also a song on the demo, not just the demo title. The 3rd track being called Independent rather than The Prodigal Son just threw me I guess.

-Yes. I have never heard the track "Independent" anywhere else. The song "Track II" is on the other Embraced demo, but it had been given a name by this time. I don't have a tape player at the moment in which I trust to play this tape to verify which song "Track II" is, but I played the tape when I first got it and verified that it was 1 of the 3 songs listed as being on the "Embraced" demo according to the Metal Archives site.

You're saying that independent is different from track 3 on the normal version of Embraced? The normal track 3 is The Prodigal Son, but it's very much different from the version on Mesmerized, so you're sure it's not the same thing?
Yes.
Altruist
Metal Hero

Title: Grandmaster Drivel

Postby EYESORESTUDIOI » Wed Oct 11, 2006 0:16

Altruist wrote:
EYESORE STUDIO wrote:

You're saying that independent is different from track 3 on the normal version of Embraced? The normal track 3 is The Prodigal Son, but it's very much different from the version on Mesmerized, so you're sure it's not the same thing?

The 3rd track "Independent" is definitely not on the Mezmerized album and I own a copy of most presses of their other releases and as far as I can tell, it is not on them either unless the version on this cassette is far different than a newer version. It has been a while, but I am pretty sure that I have never heard this song before and I do own Northern Lights and the Come Armageddon (2nd disc) Comp. and know for sure that it is not on one of them.
EYESORESTUDIOI

Postby EYESORESTUDIO » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:39

Altruist wrote:
EYESORE STUDIO wrote:

Even if for some reason the song "Independent" was later renamed as the Prodigal Son (I don't believe it is but I am unable to doublecheck the song right now due to a lack of having a decent cassette player) and the fact that track 2 had not been named yet makes this demo pretty rare.
EYESORESTUDIO

Postby Max » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:17

AAAH
I forgot about this auction

*bangs head repeatedly against wall*
www.JesusMetal.com

Max
Metal Hero

Postby Leumas » Mon Oct 16, 2006 13:56

JesusMetal wrote:*bangs head repeatedly against wall*

](*,)
ImageImageImage
Leumas
Metal Addict

Postby Hauken » Mon Oct 30, 2006 13:00

Don't worry guys, the handwritten one was made before we could afford an actual cover design.
This was not a promo but a demo tape available for everyone.
Each and every copy were copied in our rehearsalroom.
There were sold approx 300 tapes and 150 cd's.
The whole demo comes with way better sound than the Burial album itselves.
It containes Embraced, Burial and Prodigal son(demo-edition)

It would be cool to know if any of you have gotten hold of the CDR promo of "Home journey"(Pre Burial album title) which is not mastered and was used to get our garage band a record deal :D .
Hauken

Postby Max » Mon Oct 30, 2006 15:34

never heard of that... should get a hold on that... heh

btw. David, now you're here anyway: was there a pre-Northern Lights demotape including the NL songs and an old version of Screams?
www.JesusMetal.com

Max
Metal Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Buy / Sell / Trade / Wanted / Date