New Christian Black Metal 2016 (Orationem)

Metal related discussions. The headbanger's playground! Got some metal news? This is the place!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Re: New Christian Black Metal 2016 (Orationem)

Postby Hguols » Tue Oct 04, 2016 16:37

The guitar for 6 songs (out of 7) is now done. One to go, then the cello and the music is DONE!

Something happened during today's session that has never happened to me before. When I go to record, I always pray before. Its actually turned into a habit, something I never forget because I don't "feel" right recording until I got a dose of prayer.

WHILE I was in the middle of recording guitar, this need to prayer just showed up. I actually zoned out and started praying (in my mind) while I was playing the guitar. In like 30 seconds, I asked for this music to be blessed, for God's guidance in the notes, and that this project will turn out as a whole. When I was done, I was pretty sure I botched that take, but I listened to it - and the part was played perfectly!

I think I'm actually more overwhelmed NOW than I was during that prayer or reviewing the song. ...especially since I CANNOT "juggle" other things while I'm playing. I can't do out loud or in my head vocals/thoughts/conversations while playing guitar riffs, but today I somehow had the ability to say a prayer while recording guitar!

How cool is that?

Kamerad Ash wrote:What point if that nation id Everyone's nation who can manage to get to it?
Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Farlig-K » Thu Oct 06, 2016 18:43

@Hguols it seems like you're the only one keeping this forum alive. The other sections are deader than doornails and this thread is the only one with any activity.

It's really sad to see a part of my life die away like this. Endtime / NF forums have a special place in my heart and I have great memories of Nordic Fest board hijacking with @Crossbearer and the lot. And I owe this forum my interest in Swedish and the few words I read and speak and understand!
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby dimmick » Mon Oct 10, 2016 20:41

Farlig-K wrote:It's really sad to see a part of my life die away like this. Endtime / NF forums have a special place in my heart and I have great memories of Nordic Fest board hijacking with @Crossbearer and the lot. And I owe this forum my interest in Swedish and the few words I read and speak and understand!

I still check a couple times a week just in case, but yeah, I feel the same way. I've made many friends due to this place, and while we still kinda keep in touch on other social networking, this was the genesis. Sigh.
\m/
dimmick
Metal Hero

Title: I want this guy to be my custom title

Postby CanadianMetalFan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:08

Farlig-K wrote:@Hguols it seems like you're the only one keeping this forum alive. The other sections are deader than doornails and this thread is the only one with any activity.

It's really sad to see a part of my life die away like this. Endtime / NF forums have a special place in my heart and I have great memories of Nordic Fest board hijacking with @Crossbearer and the lot. And I owe this forum my interest in Swedish and the few words I read and speak and understand!

I'm with you there Farlig. While I never met anyone in person off this forum and didn't really make any friends. This forum definitely introduced me to a lot of extreme Christian metal and was there for me a few years ago when I was in a tough spot. Maybe we can keep this forum going! :headbang:

Joel
"...we have a practical, historical and biblical mandate to fervently disobey any unconstitutional laws and all government officials who cease to be good ministers of Jesus Christ. God almighty is the only power that deserves unlimited obedience."
CanadianMetalFan
Metal Hero

Postby Pirate » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:11

It would indeed be a shame if the board was to die. Lets keep it going:)
"Have you ever noticed that you can get salmonella from eating chicken but you cant get chickenella eating salmon?"

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Hero

Postby Hguols » Wed Oct 19, 2016 17:14

I've never been very good at letting things go. ;) While I don't have the background here like some members, this place holds a special place for me, of course.
I think one thing that helps is I don't have Facebook, so I still only creep around forums.

I don't really understand mourning this place like its lost. Just start some threads people. The bad news is I can't make anyone post, but the good news is, I still can. I mean, the forum still works.

Orationem "Your Presence and Strength" is now completed. Set to release October/November 2016 through Vision of God Records. Limit 50 copies.

This is a huge triumph for me. I don't know how many artists create an album not only during cancer, but during IV chemotherapy.
Its harsh, dissonant and pretty wild. I'm convinced my illness effected this album's sound. In the world of black metal, I think having a "sick" sound is an asset. As always with Orationem, the lyrics don't compromise. (very high JPM)

The Official Orationem channel will eventually contain the lyric videos of this entire album. For right now, you can preview 2 minutes of each track through this video.

Kamerad Ash wrote:What point if that nation id Everyone's nation who can manage to get to it?
Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Hguols » Tue Oct 25, 2016 19:16

Image Image

Its here folks! The fourth full length Orationem album is now available to order!
7 tracks, 48:22 running time. This was supposed to be limit 50 copies, but the pressing plant sent me extras! so... Limit 75!
These CDs are $8 plus shipping.

This is some very intense, raw and harsh black metal with violin/cello symphonic attacks. The lyrics once again do not compromise, and are full on prayers to God and his Son, Jesus Christ.

You can place an order, read the lyrics, listen to samples, view information about the album at
http://www.orationem.com

You can also preview this album from this YouTube video.

This is a Vision of God Records release and they will also have have copies available at: http://www.visionofgodrecords.com

Since most of you knew I not only recorded this while fighting cancer, but also while being sick from chemotherapy. I'd like to share the lyrics from the first track, which I hold close to my heart...

I. To Turn This Ailment

Oh great Healer and Protector
Jesus Christ in heaven
Please carry me through
this path of pain

For a long time
I have suffered
with sickness and discomfort

Cancer has taken from me
quality of life
forcing me to rely on others
for a year

I know there is a reason
I have survived
I know there is a reason
that I am going through this

I continue to pray
for relief of my symptoms
For the knowledge of Your will
and that one day
I will be able to turn this ailment
into strength

Thank you everyone that places an order. Everyone that gets a CD, I'll be more than happy to send you MP3s of the album while you wait for it to be delivered - IF YOU ASK FOR IT! Also, if you're not interested in a CD but a high quality digital release, for this forum, if you PayPal $4 to thomas@ankouawaits.com, I'll email you a direct download to 320KBs tagged MP3s ASAP.

Any questions? Please let me know!

Thanks again, and God Bless,

Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby CanadianMetalFan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:26

I've been away on vacation so I haven't had time to listen to the music yet, but I am loving the lyrics bro! Awesome seeing something potentially devastating like cancer turned into a victory like a CD glorifying our Saviour! :headbang:

Joel
"...we have a practical, historical and biblical mandate to fervently disobey any unconstitutional laws and all government officials who cease to be good ministers of Jesus Christ. God almighty is the only power that deserves unlimited obedience."
CanadianMetalFan
Metal Hero

Postby Hguols » Sun Nov 06, 2016 22:19

Thanks man! I appreciate it. I've had some great feedback regarding this album. Its gotten some radio airplay and CD sales are goooooooooood!

Got another black metal prayer up on my YouTube channel. These riff variations are from the new album. For those who haven't been following this thread, this will be the future of the Orationem project. I hope to do a ton of these. I'm honestly album'ed out - I mean, that's been done and done again. These videos is something new. This is the closest thing I can get to Orationem playing live, so I'd eventually like to expand on this. (after I've exhausted riff variations, this is where brand new riffs will be)

I might consider featuring synth riffs if they're even remotely requested.

Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Hguols » Thu Dec 08, 2016 21:33

I decided now was the time to start uploading lyric videos from the newest album.
Got the first 2 tracks done!

Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Hguols » Mon Dec 19, 2016 22:06

I had a goal set for myself to get the new "Your Presence and Strength" album uploaded by Christmas.
Goal complete. ;)

Here's the lyric videos playlist for the entire "Your Presence and Strength" album.

A few announcements. Since there's a limited pressing of this album which will eventually run out, and Vision of God Records is going to do a special pro-press of the self-titled and Fulfiller (ON ONE CD!), whichever happens first, I will stop selling Orationem merch (CDs and shirts) from the dot com, most likely sometime in 2017. This will be the first step towards the newer music, which will be individual songs/prayers on YouTube.

Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Hguols » Sat Dec 31, 2016 23:02

This shirt makes me lawl. I'll wear it forever. HAHA!!

Click on the image to see a larger version of it.
These shirts are now for sale (for a limited time) at orationem.com

When the time comes to stop selling CDs, I'll stop selling shirts as well...

Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Hguols » Sat Jan 07, 2017 20:49

Made an update to orationem.com

I replaced all the music samples with YouTube playlists from the official channel. ;)

Also, I thought a good start to the new year would be a YouTube exclusive track. This will be the first of many exclusive songs!

Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Hguols » Fri Jan 13, 2017 21:28

I know these "Black Metal Prayer" sessions aren't extremely innovative, nor are they "songs", but... I really like them for 2 reasons.
1) Its a way for me to share a short prayer with everyone; its also a prayer anyone can say themselves
2) You can see me in action, should anyone be curious what me making musical mayhem looks like. ;)

Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Hguols » Tue Jan 31, 2017 19:55

Hguols wrote:A few announcements. Since there's a limited pressing of this album which will eventually run out, and Vision of God Records is going to do a special pro-press of the self-titled and Fulfiller (ON ONE CD!), whichever happens first, I will stop selling Orationem merch (CDs and shirts) from the dot com, most likely sometime in 2017. This will be the first step towards the newer music, which will be individual songs/prayers on YouTube.

I submitted the artwork to Duane at Vision of God for the upcoming CMU pro-press. (he's had the music for a while so he has everything now)
This is the first two Orationem albums on ONE CD. The pressing includes a cover, insert, on disc printing and tray card - all with exclusive artwork. This will be the 2nd Christian Metal Underground release. (not sure if the 1st was pressed, but he's working on 3 releases at the same time - this Orationem album being one of them)

Hguols
Metal Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Metal Forum