Crimson Moonlight Darkness Divine Album Artwork;Release date

Metal related discussions. The headbanger's playground! Got some metal news? This is the place!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Re: Crimson Moonlight Darkness Divine Album Artwork;Release

Postby Uncle Sam » Mon Mar 07, 2016 13:35

I really like the album. I think its the best they have released so far :)
"Do not set limitations on a God who has no limits"
Uncle Sam
Metal Addict

Postby Dr Apocalypse » Mon Mar 07, 2016 23:21

Can't make you young and beautiful again :D
But seriously; google play? Whatever happened to sound quality?

Farlig-K wrote:Have to agree on the filler. I listen to it a couple of times on Google Play Music and, well, it sounded like one long, boring song to me. Colour me extremely disappointed. :(

I long for Endtime's glory days with Extol's first releases, Whitefrozen and The Forsaken. Why doesn't Endtime sign a promising new prog band? :p
Dr Apocalypse
Site Admin

Postby davo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:29

Dr Apocalypse wrote:Can't make you young and beautiful again :D

Farlig-K wrote:Have to agree on the filler. I listen to it a couple of times on Google Play Music and, well, it sounded like one long, boring song to me. Colour me extremely disappointed. :(

I long for Endtime's glory days with Extol's first releases, Whitefrozen and The Forsaken. Why doesn't Endtime sign a promising new prog band? :p

320kbps mp3 isn't terrible. Not as good as CD (and definitely not vinyl), but fine for getting a feel as to whether the album is worth buying.
so it begins...
davo
Metal Hero

Postby Dr Apocalypse » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:06

Yeah, if I miss anything with the good old days, it is exactly that.
Accessibility over quality is not necessarily a good thing.
Not a popular opinion, but I miss the days when sound quality mattered.

Personally I do not believe streaming services do much to expand or widen
my musical taste. Our attention span is very short, and a limitless supply of
input does not help. In my own personal musical journey, the albums that
eventually became the most important was also the most difficult to understand
and not "direct" in any way.

But I guess that is my personal problem reducing music to something less challenging
than it actually is supposed to be, and not necessarily applying to others as quick
with the "next" button as me.

Next :D

davo wrote:

320kbps mp3 isn't terrible. Not as good as CD (and definitely not vinyl), but fine for getting a feel as to whether the album is worth buying.
Dr Apocalypse
Site Admin

Postby Farlig-K » Thu Mar 10, 2016 21:54

Dr Apocalypse wrote:Yeah, if I miss anything with the good old days, it is exactly that.
Accessibility over quality is not necessarily a good thing.
Not a popular opinion, but I miss the days when sound quality mattered.

Personally I do not believe streaming services do much to expand or widen
my musical taste. Our attention span is very short, and a limitless supply of
input does not help. In my own personal musical journey, the albums that
eventually became the most important was also the most difficult to understand
and not "direct" in any way.

But I guess that is my personal problem reducing music to something less challenging
than it actually is supposed to be, and not necessarily applying to others as quick
with the "next" button as me.

Next :D

davo wrote:

Like @davo mentioned, it's about convenience and the ability to try before you buy. In all honesty, my buying is also strictly limited to digital these days. Since our mishap end of last year at our house, I realised the importance of having as few physical items to replace in case of a disaster. I also only use online TV / movie streaming services (like Netflix), so music streaming services fit quite well into my current lifestyle.

Still, I do miss the olden days. I need to feel the hype and gratification I felt when I listened to The Forsaken the first couple of times. Mind you, I should go listen to it right now... It's in my library on Google Play Music. :P
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby Pirate » Fri Mar 11, 2016 15:27

davo wrote:

IMO the two most important factors in enjoying high quality music is: the source (recording,production and mixing) and headphones/speakers. Poorly produced music or bad speakers/headphones will sound like crap regardless of media.

For some time I thought lossless music was far superior to compressed mp3s, but after going through some simple blind listening tests etc I discovered that I had deluded myself. Now I opt for lossless just because it for sure cant be worse than a good mp3 but it can be slightly better. And storage space is no longer an issue, which is (together with bandwith) the only reason compressed music exist.

Music stored on a cd has the POTENTIAL of sounding slightly better than a well compressed mp3. And music stored on a vinyl has the POTENTIAL of sounding slightly better than on a cd. The worst sounding piece of music I have is stored on a vinyl and the best sounding piece of music I have is stored on a vinyl.

End of rant
"Have you ever noticed that you can get salmonella from eating chicken but you cant get chickenella eating salmon?"

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Hero

Previous

Return to Metal Forum