Deafheaven

Metal related discussions. The headbanger's playground! Got some metal news? This is the place!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Deafheaven

Postby Runny » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:27

What do you guys think?
Endtime IRC: irc://irc.quakenet.org/endtime
Runny
Metal Hero

Re: Deafheaven

Postby Herrens Gåfva » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:04

Loved Sunbather, so I'm really looking forward to the new one. I would have hoped for some more progression though, but I haven't really listened that much to the new couple of songs.
I am going to take over ze world...
Herrens Gåfva
Metal Destructor

Title: World Dominator

Postby Runny » Fri Aug 28, 2015 17:31

Yeah compared to the previous album I didnt really notice a big difference, But I still quite enjoy it, to my knowledge this is the only song released so far though so fingers crossed. Going to see them live in October, Should be a pretty fun show.
Endtime IRC: irc://irc.quakenet.org/endtime
Runny
Metal Hero

Postby Vily » Fri Aug 28, 2015 20:20

A new one for me. There are so many good bands I don't know but I really liked the mood of the song. Was perfect for my mood.
Vily
Metal Hero

Postby dimmick » Fri Aug 28, 2015 23:16

I thought Sunbather was decent, but I really like this track. Definitely gonna check out the new album when it's released.
\m/
dimmick
Metal Hero

Title: I want this guy to be my custom title

Postby BassOvercast » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:45

I'm really enjoying this. It's far better than Sunbather on every level so far.
Not sure how it compares to Roads to Judah though. Either way, I'm sure fans manage to mislabel this album's genre too. That's been a consistent hallmark of Deafheaven albums.
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Postby tim » Sat Sep 05, 2015 21:29

I had the good fortune of getting to see them live for free last year (friend had an extra ticket). They were very good, but halfway through their set, it became apparent that they were starting to get worn out. Playing over an hour set on your first(?) major tour and headlining it is pretty much sink-or-swim... thankfully, they got their second wind during the lone song off of Roads to Judah that they closed out with.

Btw I had never seen so many incredibly beautiful women at a metal show until that one. And a good amount of the couples were making out during the set... LOL

Here's a photo from their tour (I didn't take this and it was at another show):

tim
Metal Hero

Return to Metal Forum