Time for another prog-metal thread

Metal related discussions. The headbanger's playground! Got some metal news? This is the place!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Re: Time for another prog-metal thread

Postby Pirate » Sat Feb 25, 2017 20:25

Not metal per se, but hey this is my thread so I do whatever I want:

"Have you ever noticed that you can get salmonella from eating chicken but you cant get chickenella eating salmon?"

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Hero

Postby Pirate » Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:59

New single from Anubis Gate!

And from Adagio

And for me a new band, Protean Collective

A bit more extreme, Witherscape

"Have you ever noticed that you can get salmonella from eating chicken but you cant get chickenella eating salmon?"

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Hero

Postby Pirate » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:54

A christian prog band with great potential

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Hero

Postby Herrens Gåfva » Sat Aug 26, 2017 20:06

Leprous just released a new album called Malina. I've never really cared about them before. I've tried to listen to them every time they've put something out, but it has never done anything for me... until now. The new stuff is really great!

I am going to take over ze world...
Herrens Gåfva
Metal Destructor

Title: World Dominator

Postby Pirate » Wed Sep 06, 2017 20:00

Herrens Gåfva wrote:Leprous just released a new album called Malina. I've never really cared about them before. I've tried to listen to them every time they've put something out, but it has never done anything for me... until now. The new stuff is really great!

Good catch! I have been trying to get into their lastest but there is something missing for me this time around. I will give it some extra spins though to make sure

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Hero

Postby Farlig-K » Sun Sep 10, 2017 19:08

This thread is pure win! Also haven't heard of Protean Collective before this and I absolutely love it! The new Anubis Gate sounds a bit forced, to be honest... I hope it grows on me. Leprous still doesn't do anything for me and a new developer I appointed recently introduced me to The Deer Hunter, which is pretty good actually.
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby Pirate » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:46

Farlig-K wrote:This thread is pure win! Also haven't heard of Protean Collective before this and I absolutely love it! The new Anubis Gate sounds a bit forced, to be honest... I hope it grows on me. Leprous still doesn't do anything for me and a new developer I appointed recently introduced me to The Deer Hunter, which is pretty good actually.

Glad to hear it! Had the same thoughts about the new Anubis at first, but I'm slowling coming around. Absolutely love The Deer Hunters last two albums. If you like them you might also like Thank You Scientist latest album, though alot more jazzy.

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Hero

Postby Pirate » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:53

This is a strange one. They mix folk, power and progressive elements. Not that well produced but still enjoyable.

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Hero

Postby Pirate » Wed Oct 18, 2017 14:15

Starting to like this one, even though the Alter Bridge worship is real. There are some Teramaze connections here as well :D

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Hero

Postby Farlig-K » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:17

Pirate wrote:Starting to like this one, even though the Alter Bridge worship is real. There are some Teramaze connections here as well :D

Isn't Dean involved there somewhere? Damnations Day has been on my radar for a while now... Just haven't committed to actually listening to them.
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Previous

Return to Metal Forum