Vardøger (?) Renascent and Arvinger news, got any?

Metal related discussions. The headbanger's playground! Got some metal news? This is the place!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Postby Pirate » Mon Feb 10, 2014 20:05

Does anyone have any news about any of these bands? Like anything at all?
"Have you ever noticed that you can get salmonella from eating chicken but you cant get chickenella eating salmon?"

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Warrior

Re: Vardøger (?) Renascent and Arvinger news, got any?

Postby Farlig-K » Tue Feb 11, 2014 15:08

Would also enjoy some news on them... At least the new Pantokrator album is done!
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby TýnaCheese » Tue Feb 11, 2014 16:58

Yes please, anything new?
"IF YOUR PROBLEM IS BIGGER THAN YOUR GOD, YOU ARE SERVING THE WRONG GOD."

ImageImage
TýnaCheese
Metal Hero

Title: Czech-Chick

Postby Pirate » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:30

I was underwhelmed by the latest Deliverance, Antestor and Pantokrator albums..
My expectations might just be too high or all this progressive metal is brain washing my taste in metal.
"Have you ever noticed that you can get salmonella from eating chicken but you cant get chickenella eating salmon?"

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Warrior

Postby Farlig-K » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:53

Pirate wrote:I was underwhelmed by the latest Deliverance, Antestor and Pantokrator albums..
My expectations might just be too high or all this progressive metal is brain washing my taste in metal.

I've got the same problem. Haven't actually heard the latest Panto album, but I've got huge expectations. I've only been listening to prog for the past 2 years or so and most other genres of metal pale in comparison.

Care to share some bands? :D
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby Pirate » Wed Feb 12, 2014 14:20

Farlig-K wrote:
Pirate wrote:I was underwhelmed by the latest Deliverance, Antestor and Pantokrator albums..

I've got the same problem. Haven't actually heard the latest Panto album, but I've got huge expectations. I've only been listening to prog for the past 2 years or so and most other genres of metal pale in comparison.

Care to share some bands? :D

Cool, a fellow progger :britsmiley:

Farlig-K, its my pleasure. My favorite band at the moment (prog or otherwise) is Anubis Gate.
They have gone through some line-up and style changes but I love each and every album for different reasons.

I think their best album is Andromeda Unchained with Jacob Hansen on vocals (who was replaced by their bass player Henrik Fevre).

To my ears this song is close to musical perfection:

They are working on a new album at the moment, due to be released in April.

Some other awesome bands worth checking out (some of which you most certainly have heard of):

Shadow Gallery (the band which converted me to prog)

Pyramaze (two first albums featured Lance King)

Redemption (Snowfall on Judgement Day is one of my all time fav albums)

Seventh Wonder (awesome prog metal from Sweden)

Beyond Twilight (only listened to their "Section X" album which is very very good, Kelly Carpenter has some serious pipes)

Leprous (fairly new norwegian band)

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Warrior

Postby Farlig-K » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:34

Thanks Mr Pirate! Some of those sound really interesting... I'll read up on the bands though - I'm very skeptical of secular bands. They need to have neutral or positive lyrics.

I love Shadow Gallery and don't like Pyramaze all that much, even though I love Lance King's solo album! If you haven't done so, check out Circus Maximus, Haken and Affector. Only Affector is Christian, but I don't get bad vibes from the other 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby Pirate » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:40

Farlig-K wrote:Thanks Mr Pirate! Some of those sound really interesting... I'll read up on the bands though - I'm very skeptical of secular bands. They need to have neutral or positive lyrics.

I love Shadow Gallery and don't like Pyramaze all that much, even though I love Lance King's solo album! If you haven't done so, check out Circus Maximus, Haken and Affector. Only Affector is Christian, but I don't get bad vibes from the other 2.

I have been wondering about getting King's solo, will do now:) Definitly need to listen more to Circus Maximus and Haken. There was something that threw me off about Affector but Im gonna have to give them a couple more listens.

Neutral/positive lyrics is one of the reasons why I love prog metal. Even secular ones usually revolve around some storyline and rarely touch on religious issues. The swedish band Andromeda is an exception having several tunes giving me an anti-religious vibe.

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Warrior

Postby Farlig-K » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:57

Pirate wrote:
Farlig-K wrote:Thanks Mr Pirate! Some of those sound really interesting... I'll read up on the bands though - I'm very skeptical of secular bands. They need to have neutral or positive lyrics.

I have been wondering about getting King's solo, will do now:) Definitly need to listen more to Circus Maximus and Haken. There was something that threw me off about Affector but Im gonna have to give them a couple more listens.

Neutral/positive lyrics is one of the reasons why I love prog metal. Even secular ones usually revolve around some storyline and rarely touch on religious issues. The swedish band Andromeda is an exception having several tunes giving me an anti-religious vibe.

Yeah, I was also put off by Andromeda. It's a shame though, as their music is brilliant.

You should give Circus Maximus a try - their album Nine is phenomenal. It needs to grow on you a bit and it is very melodic, but there's a lot of depth to the songs. Especially "Burn After Reading" - I can't even count how many times I've listened to it.

As for Affector, you have to listen to the album as a whole, being a concept album about Revelation with the last 2 songs being the absolute highlights.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby Northernwinds » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:46

Would be nice to hear some new Vardöger!
Northernwinds

Postby Farlig-K » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:43

Woaaaaaaah. Nice necro there. I guess on a forum as dead as this one you ONLY get necroed threads.
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby Pirate » Sat Oct 18, 2014 14:17

Farlig-K wrote:Woaaaaaaah. Nice necro there. I guess on a forum as dead as this one you ONLY get necroed threads.

I'm going to, once again, derail my own thread by talking about PROG METAL. How did you like the latest Anubis Gate album? I LOVE it!

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Warrior

Postby ATheHeartOfWinter77 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 23:36

Last official renascent update is from two years ago. Eero told me earlier this year that he had the demo songs. in due time i suppose
ATheHeartOfWinter77
Metal Addict

Postby Farlig-K » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:05

Pirate wrote:
Farlig-K wrote:Woaaaaaaah. Nice necro there. I guess on a forum as dead as this one you ONLY get necroed threads.

I'm going to, once again, derail my own thread by talking about PROG METAL. How did you like the latest Anubis Gate album? I LOVE it!

Didn't know they had a new release out?! I'll check it out tonight sometime... Still LOVING the self-titled. I'm anxiously awaiting a new Circus Maximus album though. Nine has to be one of my favourite albums of all time.
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby Eero » Sun Apr 12, 2015 15:17

Pirate wrote:Does anyone have any news about any of these bands? Like anything at all?

10 years from last release: 13 years old song re-recorded, : https://youtu.be/Zk_O8C_CzNs

:tooth:
Eero

Next

Return to Metal Forum