So I did something totally against my principles tonight.

Official Forum • www.momentumscandinavia.com

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse

So I did something totally against my principles tonight.

Postby dimmick » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:37

I finally broke down and downloaded the Mordecai songs from the Immortal Souls split, and they're quite nice. However, I feel dirty by not owning the CD (I know, it's out of print, hard to find, costs 50 bucks on ebay, blah blah blah... it's still principle).

Which brings me to the reason for posting this in the Momentum section... any chance that there could possibly be a rerelease of these songs? The Immortal Souls tracks are easily had on the Once Upon a Time in the North compilation, so I already have those and it obviously wouldn't be necessary to rerelease those. However, the Mordecai is cool enough that it really needs to be more widely available and I can think of no label I'd rather have release it than Momentum. I really want to have a legal (and higher quality...) version of this EP, and if you could dig up any unreleased tracks or demos as a bonus, well, the more the merrier. Additionally, I don't think you'd have trouble selling this fairly easily, since any of the split CDs that crop up on Ebay sell for anywhere from $40 to $50 and people definitely aren't buying it for the Immortal Souls tracks...

Anyway, I guess you're probably wrapped up with the new Frostis album, but if you get some time and are feeling particularly benevolent toward us poor folk that can't afford the split, I'd love to see this as a MS release.
\m/
dimmick
Metal Hero

Title: I want this guy to be my custom title

Postby DrNordic » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:45

Thanks for the input! This is definelitely something to think about!
There is a naked guy in Brad's avatar.

Well, not NOW, but eventually....
DrNordic
Metal Overlord

Title: Überdistributor

Nissen rødmer når jeg er i nærheten, så snill er jeg!

Postby machinemessiah » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:52

Good news for you my friend!
I will trade you my copy of that splitcd, with that betrayal album (renaisance by death) which 1/3 obviously haven`t sold yet :http://www.nordicfest.no/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2267
If you buy that one for me ( because I hate moneyexchanging over the internet), I will trade my Mordecai/immortal souls cd with that one.
machinemessiah
Metal Warrior

Postby Max » Wed Oct 11, 2006 13:07

why do people never offer me such deals
www.JesusMetal.com
The Extreme Side of Christianity

Max
Metal Hero

Title: MadMax

Re: Nissen rødmer når jeg er i nærheten, så snill er jeg!

Postby dimmick » Wed Oct 11, 2006 22:38

machinemessiah wrote:Good news for you my friend!
I will trade you my copy of that splitcd, with that betrayal album (renaisance by death) which 1/3 obviously haven`t sold yet :http://www.nordicfest.no/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2267
If you buy that one for me ( because I hate moneyexchanging over the internet), I will trade my Mordecai/immortal souls cd with that one.

Awesome! I'll definitely get that, and I'd be happy to trade. Just give me a little time to work things out with one3rd and I'll get back to you!
\m/
dimmick
Metal Hero

Postby machinemessiah » Thu Oct 12, 2006 14:26

Ok.
machinemessiah
Metal Warrior

Postby Holigor » Sun Oct 15, 2006 13:55

JesusMetal wrote:why do people never offer me such deals

i know know how you feel. i ask myself that question too.
Holigor
Metal Warrior

Re: So I did something totally against my principles tonight

Postby Ansgar » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:48

dimmick wrote:I finally broke down and downloaded the Mordecai songs from the Immortal Souls split, and they're quite nice. However, I feel dirty by not owning the CD (I know, it's out of print, hard to find, costs 50 bucks on ebay, blah blah blah... it's still principle).

Which brings me to the reason for posting this in the Momentum section... any chance that there could possibly be a rerelease of these songs? The Immortal Souls tracks are easily had on the Once Upon a Time in the North compilation, so I already have those and it obviously wouldn't be necessary to rerelease those. However, the Mordecai is cool enough that it really needs to be more widely available and I can think of no label I'd rather have release it than Momentum. I really want to have a legal (and higher quality...) version of this EP, and if you could dig up any unreleased tracks or demos as a bonus, well, the more the merrier. Additionally, I don't think you'd have trouble selling this fairly easily, since any of the split CDs that crop up on Ebay sell for anywhere from $40 to $50 and people definitely aren't buying it for the Immortal Souls tracks...

Anyway, I guess you're probably wrapped up with the new Frostis album, but if you get some time and are feeling particularly benevolent toward us poor folk that can't afford the split, I'd love to see this as a MS release.

I just found a myspace site that has all of the mordecai songs for download...isnt it illegal to post songs on myspace for download?
Jesus Loves Sweden!
Ansgar
Metal Hero

Title: Apostle To The North

Postby Herrens Gåfva » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:19

If it's ok with the band/label, I guess it's legal.
I am going to take over ze world...
Herrens Gåfva
Metal Destructor

Title: World Dominator

Postby Grailknight » Tue Dec 26, 2006 19:59

dimmick wrote:I finally broke down and downloaded the Mordecai songs from the Immortal Souls split, and they're quite nice. However, I feel dirty by not owning the CD (I know, it's out of print, hard to find, costs 50 bucks on ebay, blah blah blah... it's still principle).

Forget that principle! I cant see God being piseed about u copying an out ofprint record! I thikn he inspired the music and he wants it to be listened to too!!!

Reprint of Mordecai on Momentum sounds like a great idea! They sure had a original and very blackish sound! I hope to see the reatcivated, though that maybe is not probable hehe

Grailknight
Metal Hero

Title: The Over Achiever

Postby dimmick » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:30

Well, I was able to get that copy of the Immortal Souls/Mordecai split, so I don't have to worry about my principles being compromised. ;)

Although I stand by the idea of a Mordecai rerelease on Momentum being a good idea - their music is just too good to have it be so limited.
\m/
dimmick
Metal Hero

Postby Farlig-K » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:24

i need those Mordecai songs!
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby longskjemmst » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:19

Holigor wrote:
JesusMetal wrote:why do people never offer me such deals

i know know how you feel. i ask myself that question too.

Me too :roll:
longskjemmst
Metal Hero

Title: Mini-Pilgrim

Postby Farlig-K » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:04

RAS! :evil:
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion