Calling all Non-Christians on the forums....

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Postby Crossbearer » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:53

Over the times I have seen some non-Christians coming and going on these boards. Don't know if any of them are still here though...
"Obviously they make me want to pee in public places, but that's mostly because I drink the "pickle juice" after I'm done downing a jar."
-Kheiron on pickles
User avatar
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord
 
Posts: 16845
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 14:01
Location: Vaasa, Finland
Title: Thrash Diddy

Postby Brad-K » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:54

I'm just bored stiff by people who go on and on in semi-coherent run-on sentences about "isms" and "ists," such as you do, Bill.


"Brevity is the soul of wit." --'Nuff said.


Plus, I think you're handle is lame. It makes you sound like one of those guys who wears knitted caps with cut-out labels of beer cans sewn in to them.


And if you find offense in my remarks, be aware that I'm treating you the same as I treat everybody else here....So, :mad2:
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
User avatar
Brad-K
Metal Deity
 
Posts: 30829
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 18:16
Location: Nigh The Tomb of Dio...Long Live The King!
Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby Emissary » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:32

Brad-K wrote:And if you find offense in my remarks, be aware that I'm treating you the same as I treat everybody else here....So, :mad2:

And we all love you...at least a bit :kiss:
Try saying the words "eye", "laws", "dug" and "aim" quickly in sequence...
User avatar
Emissary
Metal Champion
 
Posts: 6559
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 13:01
Location: Finland
Title: Poser Composer

Postby Jeremy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:46

Iskall vinter wrote:Well
I guess it would be nice if I could touch your body

I know not everybody has got a body like you.
But I've got to think twice before I give my heart away

And I know all the games you play because I played them
too.

Oh
but I need some time ofF from that emotion

Time to pick my heart up off the floor.
Oh
when that love comes down without devotion

Well
it takes a strong man
baby

but I'm showins you the door.

Because I've got to have faith
I've got to have faith

Because I've got to have faith
faith
faith

I've got to have faith
faith
faith.

Baby
I know you're asking me to stay

Stay
please
please
please
don't go away.
You say I'm giving you the blues.
Maybe you mean every word you say

Can't help but think of yesterday

And another who tied me down to loverboy rules.

Before this river becomes an ocean

Before you throw my heart back on the floor

Oh baby
I reconsider my foolish notion

Well
I need someone to hold me
but I'll wait for something more.

Yes
I've got to have faith
I've got to have faith
. . .

Before this river becomes an ocean
. . .
'Cause I've got to have faith
I've got to have faith
. . .

This has now become my favorite thread started by me.

Brad-K wrote:one of those guys who wears knitted caps with cut-out labels of beer cans sewn in to them

Haha, what?

\m/
"Though your ship be sturdy, no mercy has the sea." -- Genesis
User avatar
Jeremy
Metal Champion
 
Posts: 9179
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:18
Location: Winchester, VA, USA
Title: Death Metal Dad

Postby Pibs » Thu Aug 24, 2006 20:05

Iskall vinter wrote:Well
I guess it would be nice if I could touch your body

I know not everybody has got a body like you.
But I've got to think twice before I give my heart away

And I know all the games you play because I played them
too.

Oh
but I need some time ofF from that emotion

Time to pick my heart up off the floor.
Oh
when that love comes down without devotion

Well
it takes a strong man
baby

but I'm showins you the door.

Because I've got to have faith
I've got to have faith

Because I've got to have faith
faith
faith

I've got to have faith
faith
faith.

Baby
I know you're asking me to stay

Stay
please
please
please
don't go away.
You say I'm giving you the blues.
Maybe you mean every word you say

Can't help but think of yesterday

And another who tied me down to loverboy rules.

Before this river becomes an ocean

Before you throw my heart back on the floor

Oh baby
I reconsider my foolish notion

Well
I need someone to hold me
but I'll wait for something more.

Yes
I've got to have faith
I've got to have faith
. . .

Before this river becomes an ocean
. . .
'Cause I've got to have faith
I've got to have faith
. . .



you have nooo idea how much i love that song...
Panzerchain wrote:
PIBZ,you're an asskicker. That's good!


Image
User avatar
Pibs
Metal Myth
 
Posts: 10597
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 16:31
Location: lost in Norwexico...
Title: The Death Metal Diva

Postby nordicmetalhead » Thu Aug 24, 2006 20:26

Brad-K wrote:I'm just bored stiff by people who go on and on in semi-coherent run-on sentences about "isms" and "ists," such as you do, Bill.


"Brevity is the soul of wit." --'Nuff said.


Plus, I think you're handle is lame. It makes you sound like one of those guys who wears knitted caps with cut-out labels of beer cans sewn in to them.


And if you find offense in my remarks, be aware that I'm treating you the same as I treat everybody else here....So, :mad2:


Ubiquitous classist non-sequitur ad-hominem autodeflective statements do not elucidate me.

:twisted:

Phil
[URL=http://valsignalandet.com]Image

Välsignalandet: Where the Freaks Gather
[/URL]
User avatar
nordicmetalhead
Metal Overlord
 
Posts: 15481
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:31
Location: Someplace cold, dark and has nice Asian restaurants!
Title: Return Of The Black Swede

Postby Pibs » Thu Aug 24, 2006 20:30

huh?? :o
Panzerchain wrote:
PIBZ,you're an asskicker. That's good!


Image
User avatar
Pibs
Metal Myth
 
Posts: 10597
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 16:31
Location: lost in Norwexico...
Title: The Death Metal Diva

Postby Very_Irreverand_Bill » Thu Aug 24, 2006 22:32

nordicmetalhead wrote:Very good! You've studied your word terminology.. I dare say that is a rarity in these parts, and I commend, no, APPLAUD that you're able to narf this entire board with the concepts you've used regarding faith in your defimition of "Faithless" meaning that you have no absolute certainty in anything

But I argue that you do: you have an absolute certainty in.. reason. Has reason been proven 100% absolutely reliable, if so, how? If not, then you must have either:

1) an uncertainty in your own stance on reason, which is a self-contradiction, and we all know you're way too smart to deliberately (or accidentally) self-contradict..

--or--

2) a total 100% certainty, which by your own definition denotes "FAITH", in reason. Thus, you are not truly "Faithless" as you claim, but have a total unswerving certainty in the unprovable absolute stance of reason.

Phil


:mrgreen:
That was a nice move my formadbale opponent.

I'd agree, if it was;nt for the fact that "Reason" has demonstrated it's superirity time and again. When I speak of 'reason", I do not speak of cold,hard, emotionless, LOGIC, like a Vulcan or a Borg; I speak of something which is inherently supported by and supports balance,moderation, evidences, as well as the human psychological needs such as symbolism or emotional needs. REASON is a catch-all for all these things.

On top of that, REASON, beeing "reasonable"- inherently aknowledges for example that what we currently KNOW "scientifically"{and in other fields of observable,quantifibale,testable knowledge}is subject to alter, or rather in most cases-to have further facts added to them{for example, we know for a fact that we are made of single celled organisms which are made up of atoms-made up of protons and neutrons-made of quarks, and so on; however, we only need to create further techs to be able to DIG DEEPER and discover moreand smaller components, this will take time}, facts are facts; many are indeed set in stone by been testable to be so, others are subject to have more added to them as we enable ourselves to dig deeper, and others are sometimes called "facts" by some people= but by the most informed they are merely hypothesis or theories{some more supportabel and probable than others}

I do not need to have "faith" in Reason, because
Reason is not an end, it is a means, a method; one which has consistently shown itself worthy of usage above and before faith or tradition.

However, in the interest of not even "seeming" to have "faith" in Reason, I will say this. this Universe{or multiple universes} is/are a bizzare and complex thing/place{s}. I will put my trust in Reason only in the 90'th percentile therefore{probabaly around 99%- 99.9} so there is a margin of error.
therefore, faithless I remain.
:wink: 8) :D

thereby, my signature from the great Thomas Paine holds, Reason is the greatest weapon against errrors of any kind; perfect? "maybe" not, but testable and evidently the best we've got-darn tootin! :wink:

In Reason:
Irrev.Bill
"There is no greater weapon against errors of any kind than REASON, I've never used any other and I trust I never shall"-Thomas Paine
www.godvsthebible.com , www.deistnet.com
www.faithless.org

http://www.geocities.com/satanicreds/
User avatar
Very_Irreverand_Bill
Metal Wannabe
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 23:25
Location: The cold northern realms...um...Canada

Postby Brad-K » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:38

nordicmetalhead wrote:
Brad-K wrote:I'm just bored stiff by people who go on and on in semi-coherent run-on sentences about "isms" and "ists," such as you do, Bill.


"Brevity is the soul of wit." --'Nuff said.


Plus, I think you're handle is lame. It makes you sound like one of those guys who wears knitted caps with cut-out labels of beer cans sewn in to them.


And if you find offense in my remarks, be aware that I'm treating you the same as I treat everybody else here....So, :mad2:


Ubiquitous classist non-sequitur ad-hominem autodeflective statements do not elucidate me.

:twisted:

Phil





Comeback #1.

So, you got a thesaurus for christmas, eh? FUN!!!
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
User avatar
Brad-K
Metal Deity
 
Posts: 30829
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 18:16
Location: Nigh The Tomb of Dio...Long Live The King!
Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby Brad-K » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:55

nordicmetalhead wrote:
Brad-K wrote:I'm just bored stiff by people who go on and on in semi-coherent run-on sentences about "isms" and "ists," such as you do, Bill.


"Brevity is the soul of wit." --'Nuff said.


Plus, I think you're handle is lame. It makes you sound like one of those guys who wears knitted caps with cut-out labels of beer cans sewn in to them.


And if you find offense in my remarks, be aware that I'm treating you the same as I treat everybody else here....So, :mad2:


Ubiquitous classist non-sequitur ad-hominem autodeflective statements do not elucidate me.

:twisted:

Phil




Comback #2.


If you're going to quote Drottnar lyrics, use these little marks ("---")!
Last edited by Brad-K on Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:01, edited 2 times in total.
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
User avatar
Brad-K
Metal Deity
 
Posts: 30829
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 18:16
Location: Nigh The Tomb of Dio...Long Live The King!
Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby Brad-K » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:58

Jeremy wrote:
Brad-K wrote:one of those guys who wears knitted caps with cut-out labels of beer cans sewn in to them

Haha, what?

\m/




HERE. :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-HANDMADE-RA ... dZViewItem
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
User avatar
Brad-K
Metal Deity
 
Posts: 30829
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 18:16
Location: Nigh The Tomb of Dio...Long Live The King!
Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby Jeremy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:24

I've never seen anything like it. Amazing?

\m/
"Though your ship be sturdy, no mercy has the sea." -- Genesis
User avatar
Jeremy
Metal Champion
 
Posts: 9179
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:18
Location: Winchester, VA, USA
Title: Death Metal Dad

Postby Farlig-K » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:14

can we move this thread to the Snore Snore Snore section? :roll:
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
User avatar
Farlig-K
Metal Champion
 
Posts: 9625
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:55
Location: Midrand
Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby DH » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:15

Jeremy wrote:I've never seen anything like it. Amazing?

\m/


Amazing. I've never seen anything like it, either. Reminds me of plaid shirts..........
User avatar
DH
Metal Hero
 
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:51
Location: Dallice, Texance
Title: I Has Custom Title

Postby Ghâshûl » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:15

It seems like a crazy version of the ølhat:
Image
Image
User avatar
Ghâshûl
Metal Deity
 
Posts: 26150
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 17:39
Location: Amagerbro
Title: Danish Dynamite

PreviousNext

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

cron