Calling all Non-Christians on the forums....

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Calling all Non-Christians on the forums....

Postby Very_Irreverand_Bill » Wed Aug 23, 2006 21:36

Hey;

I was curiuos how many other Non-Christians hang out here? And what they are philosophically/religiously{if anything}?

Those whom don't know yet.
I am a Deistic anti-theist{or anti-theistic Deist}-either/or is good.

I am also studying the Occult, so I suppose I could be called an occultist. I have been "experimenting" in a scientific open-minded but skeptical/rationalistic manner for over a year and a half with Luciferian Satanism as well.

All in all, I can also be lablled as "Faithless".

So, calling all Non-christians on the forums to come outa the closet.
Or am I the only one currently?

:D 8) :

In Reason:
The Very Irreverand Bill, faithless missionary
"There is no greater weapon against errors of any kind than REASON, I've never used any other and I trust I never shall"-Thomas Paine
www.godvsthebible.com , www.deistnet.com
www.faithless.org

http://www.geocities.com/satanicreds/
User avatar
Very_Irreverand_Bill
Metal Wannabe
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 23:25
Location: The cold northern realms...um...Canada

Postby Ghâshûl » Wed Aug 23, 2006 21:49

Can I call you infidel?
Image
User avatar
Ghâshûl
Metal Deity
 
Posts: 26149
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 17:39
Location: Amagerbro
Title: Danish Dynamite

Re: Calling all Non-Christians on the forums....

Postby Thrasher » Wed Aug 23, 2006 21:59

Very_Irreverand_Bill wrote:Occult


That band kick so much bum!
User avatar
Thrasher
Metal Hero
 
Posts: 3273
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 21:59
Location: Grim and Frostbitten Kungsbacka
Title: Unholy Goat

Postby Very_Irreverand_Bill » Wed Aug 23, 2006 22:30

Ghâshûl wrote:Can I call you infidel?


"The infidel within me
Forever unbelieving
Purgate the stain of thy blessings
Obscure the light of eden "= Vital Remains

Um... sure.

...But only if I can call you "Infidel" back.
:wink:

In Reason;
Irrev.Bill

{Quote;Deathchain/}That band kick so much bum! {Unquote/}

There's a band called "Occult"? How come I never knew this allready??? :?

In Reason:
Irrev.Bill
"There is no greater weapon against errors of any kind than REASON, I've never used any other and I trust I never shall"-Thomas Paine
www.godvsthebible.com , www.deistnet.com
www.faithless.org

http://www.geocities.com/satanicreds/
User avatar
Very_Irreverand_Bill
Metal Wannabe
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 23:25
Location: The cold northern realms...um...Canada

Postby nordicmetalhead » Wed Aug 23, 2006 22:35

All in all, I can also be lablled as "Faithless".


Um, I would argue against that based upon the very definition of faith outside of being tied to any particular religion but more of an absolute concept.

But I digress.. you're looking for "unbelievers", or those who do not assign themselves to the tenets of the traditional Christian orthodoxy. Sorry, I'm not the one you seek in this arena.

But I just felt the need to say something like the little snubbe I am. :)

Phil
[URL=http://valsignalandet.com]Image

Välsignalandet: Where the Freaks Gather
[/URL]
User avatar
nordicmetalhead
Metal Overlord
 
Posts: 15481
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:31
Location: Someplace cold, dark and has nice Asian restaurants!
Title: Return Of The Black Swede

Postby Iskall Vinter » Wed Aug 23, 2006 22:36

can I call you Fidel?
Det är bra fino fino på Svinpäls casino.
Det är nåt att ha!
Så bjud upp till dans med Svinpäls hipp hurra!
User avatar
Iskall Vinter
Metal Myth
 
Posts: 11167
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 16:36
Location: Sheol
Title: Isglass

Postby nordicmetalhead » Wed Aug 23, 2006 22:38

Iskall vinter wrote:can I call you Fidel?


Ay caramba, por que quieres tu me llama Fidel?? Yo no vivo en Cuba!! ;) :twisted:
[URL=http://valsignalandet.com]Image

Välsignalandet: Where the Freaks Gather
[/URL]
User avatar
nordicmetalhead
Metal Overlord
 
Posts: 15481
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:31
Location: Someplace cold, dark and has nice Asian restaurants!
Title: Return Of The Black Swede

Postby Iskall Vinter » Wed Aug 23, 2006 22:39

um...maracas....
Det är bra fino fino på Svinpäls casino.
Det är nåt att ha!
Så bjud upp till dans med Svinpäls hipp hurra!
User avatar
Iskall Vinter
Metal Myth
 
Posts: 11167
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 16:36
Location: Sheol
Title: Isglass

Postby Thrasher » Wed Aug 23, 2006 22:43

Very_Irreverand_Bill wrote:
There's a band called "Occult"? How come I never knew this allready??? :?

In Reason:
Irrev.Bill


Yeah, but they're called LEGION OF THE DAMNED now. They released three albums with the name Occult though.
User avatar
Thrasher
Metal Hero
 
Posts: 3273
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 21:59
Location: Grim and Frostbitten Kungsbacka
Title: Unholy Goat

Postby Very_Irreverand_Bill » Wed Aug 23, 2006 23:38

nordicmetalhead wrote:
All in all, I can also be lablled as "Faithless".


Um, I would argue against that based upon the very definition of faith outside of being tied to any particular religion but more of an absolute concept.

But I digress.. you're looking for "unbelievers", or those who do not assign themselves to the tenets of the traditional Christian orthodoxy. Sorry, I'm not the one you seek in this arena.

But I just felt the need to say something like the little snubbe I am. :)

Phil


You van argue it if you like.

Here's how "faith" is usually defined{or at least used} botnh today, and in history.
To denote full 100% belief and trust in something, usually theological in nature.
"faith" IS pretty much synonymous with 100% "certainty". When you lack that 100% certaintly, you have "less faith"{ie: you are "faithless"}.
People often substitute "trust" or "hope' with "faith". But, "hope" merely means what one is desiring-not what one "knows' or has faith will come to pass no matter what,period. And "trust" can be used w/in degrees, for example I trust my father more than I trust a stranger. Trust can be more like a "probabiltiy" than a "certainty"{ie: I "trust" that a first caus eintelligence started the cosmos, but I don't have certainty-"faith" in this idea}.

I sometime shave people tell me, "well...you gotta have faith in something. and surely you do. You must havge faith in your closest loves ones to not kill you or visa versa, or have faith that you won't get hit by a falling plane when you walk out your door; or faith that gravity holds you to the ground,etc".

1. I have varrying levels of trust in my love d ones, and I would hope that they would have varrying level so that with me as well in different circumstaces or contexts. but how do I know whether I will suddenyl just lose my mind and kill themk or that they won't suddenly just lose their sanity and kill,etc.? I don't. It's highly "improbable', but not "certain".

Second point; It's again, "improbable' that a plane will fall on me when i walk out my door; but it could concievably happen.

the 3rd example: faith of gravity; well, this is not "faith", for the FACT that gravity holds me to the ground is DEMONTRATABLY TESTABLE AND QUANTIFIABLY TRUE. And even there, I personally, hold this to be maybe 99.9% percent true/probable, but for all I know the laws of nature could go awry for some inexaplicable reason.

I am indeed, FAITHLESS.
I find inspiration and awe in the uncertainty, it certainly makes life interesting and unboring. :wink:

In Reason:
Irrev.Bill
"There is no greater weapon against errors of any kind than REASON, I've never used any other and I trust I never shall"-Thomas Paine
www.godvsthebible.com , www.deistnet.com
www.faithless.org

http://www.geocities.com/satanicreds/
User avatar
Very_Irreverand_Bill
Metal Wannabe
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 23:25
Location: The cold northern realms...um...Canada

Postby nordicmetalhead » Thu Aug 24, 2006 0:05

Very good! You've studied your word terminology.. I dare say that is a rarity in these parts, and I commend, no, APPLAUD that you're able to narf this entire board with the concepts you've used regarding faith in your defimition of "Faithless" meaning that you have no absolute certainty in anything

But I argue that you do: you have an absolute certainty in.. reason. Has reason been proven 100% absolutely reliable, if so, how? If not, then you must have either:

1) an uncertainty in your own stance on reason, which is a self-contradiction, and we all know you're way too smart to deliberately (or accidentally) self-contradict..

--or--

2) a total 100% certainty, which by your own definition denotes "FAITH", in reason. Thus, you are not truly "Faithless" as you claim, but have a total unswerving certainty in the unprovable absolute stance of reason.

Phil
[URL=http://valsignalandet.com]Image

Välsignalandet: Where the Freaks Gather
[/URL]
User avatar
nordicmetalhead
Metal Overlord
 
Posts: 15481
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:31
Location: Someplace cold, dark and has nice Asian restaurants!
Title: Return Of The Black Swede

Postby Herrens Gåfva » Thu Aug 24, 2006 0:40

Are you a castrato?
I am going to take over ze world...
User avatar
Herrens Gåfva
Metal Destructor
 
Posts: 23323
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 16:03
Location: The Starship: Testicular
Title: World Dominator

Postby Farlig-K » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:07

@Phil: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

(dang, you made for some entertaining reading this gloomy morning!)
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
User avatar
Farlig-K
Metal Champion
 
Posts: 9615
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:55
Location: Midrand
Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby DH » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:41

I have faith.
User avatar
DH
Metal Hero
 
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:51
Location: Dallice, Texance
Title: I Has Custom Title

Postby Iskall Vinter » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:48

Well
I guess it would be nice if I could touch your body

I know not everybody has got a body like you.
But I've got to think twice before I give my heart away

And I know all the games you play because I played them
too.

Oh
but I need some time ofF from that emotion

Time to pick my heart up off the floor.
Oh
when that love comes down without devotion

Well
it takes a strong man
baby

but I'm showins you the door.

Because I've got to have faith
I've got to have faith

Because I've got to have faith
faith
faith

I've got to have faith
faith
faith.

Baby
I know you're asking me to stay

Stay
please
please
please
don't go away.
You say I'm giving you the blues.
Maybe you mean every word you say

Can't help but think of yesterday

And another who tied me down to loverboy rules.

Before this river becomes an ocean

Before you throw my heart back on the floor

Oh baby
I reconsider my foolish notion

Well
I need someone to hold me
but I'll wait for something more.

Yes
I've got to have faith
I've got to have faith
. . .

Before this river becomes an ocean
. . .
'Cause I've got to have faith
I've got to have faith
. . .
Det är bra fino fino på Svinpäls casino.
Det är nåt att ha!
Så bjud upp till dans med Svinpäls hipp hurra!
User avatar
Iskall Vinter
Metal Myth
 
Posts: 11167
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 16:36
Location: Sheol
Title: Isglass

Next

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron