Hey all non-USA people

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Hey all non-USA people

Postby Crossbearer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:37

I like to listen to the radio in the car and because of this there are some bands from Finland that I have grown to like even though I may not have chosen to listen to them much otherwise.

Anyone else with similar experiences?
Any bands from your country that you like because of the same reason?

My question is directed towards people who isn't living in the US because I'm living under the impression that I already know what is being played over there. :fionatooth:

This is probably my favorite Finnish (if not counting bands I have chosen to like and christian metal bands from Finland in general, that is, this is a completely secular normal finnish rock band) band atm:

"Obviously they make me want to pee in public places, but that's mostly because I drink the "pickle juice" after I'm done downing a jar."
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Title: Thrash Diddy

Re: Hey all non-USA people

Postby Brad-K » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:47

Crossbearer wrote:My question is directed towards people who isn't living in the US because I'm living under the impression that I already know what is being played over there. :fionatooth:

I'm curious as to what that impression might be. :-k
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby Crossbearer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 13:01

"Obviously they make me want to pee in public places, but that's mostly because I drink the "pickle juice" after I'm done downing a jar."
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Postby Farlig-K » Sun Apr 03, 2016 16:57

Crossbearer wrote:

WTH? What's this doing on this here forum?!

Well, if we're talking about secular rock bands singing in a foreign (in this case Afrikaans) language, here you go:

...and another one singing in English:

Incidentally, both bands emerged after the previous members' popular rock band (F*kofpolisiekar) broke up.
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby Crossbearer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:06

Farlig-K wrote:Well, if we're talking about secular rock bands singing in a foreign (in this case Afrikaans) language, here you go:

If it fills the criteria of you growing to like them, then yes, exactly that.
That was some weird s*** btw. :fionatooth:
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Postby Farlig-K » Wed Apr 06, 2016 13:09

Crossbearer wrote:
Farlig-K wrote:Well, if we're talking about secular rock bands singing in a foreign (in this case Afrikaans) language, here you go:

If it fills the criteria of you growing to like them, then yes, exactly that.
That was some weird s*** btw. :fionatooth:

This is the band that both of those bands were part of back in the day:

The name of the band translates to "F*ck off police car". What makes it funny is that they gained quite a lot of fame even on commercial radio stations, so imagine the presenters pronouncing the name after the song plays. :P

I went to a couple of their live shows. It really was quite intense and the crowd always went absolutely mad. Back in my long-haired days people often told me that I had an uncanny resemblance to the vocalist of the band (Francois van Coke).

Some interesting history on the band: Francois van Coke was apparently a die-hard Christian, leading prayer groups and the like. He "lost his faith" and started his band F*kofpolisiekar, symbolising an uprising against all authority. Their lyrics and symbolism are quite anti-religion, but the music is so darned catchy!
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby BassOvercast » Fri May 20, 2016 8:38

America's music culture has pretty much eaten Australia's music culture. We haven't really had any big Australian bands that were Australia specific since the early to mid-2000's.

The ones that would stick out would be....

The only Australian rock band that's made a name for itself at all recently would be Closure In Moscow.

The definition of being a recognised Australian band at the moment is mostly that you're a supporting act for American touring bands at the moment. It's different in the metal scene here. The metal scene here it it's own thing. But as far as pop music/radio music goes.... that's pretty much the limit.
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Postby Hguols » Mon May 23, 2016 4:29

Woods of Desolation is from Australia and they're the bee's knees.
I'm from the US and the only music from the US that I listen to is my own.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Kamerad Ash wrote:What point if that nation id Everyone's nation who can manage to get to it?
Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Brad-K » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:01

Crossbearer wrote:My question is directed towards people who isn't living in the US because I'm living under the impression that I already know what is being played over there. :fionatooth:

"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby Crossbearer » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:44

Hi Brad,

Nice to see you here.

It's just you and me, and cob-webs, and dust, and a skeleton in the corner.
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Postby Farlig-K » Thu Oct 13, 2016 17:26

Nope, I'm also still here. And Hguols. He seems to post in his black metal thread every so often.

I really do miss this place and the buzz of activity it had! How are you all doing?
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby Lysol » Thu Oct 13, 2016 20:46

Fine thank you! I'd like to post more often here, but I don't really know what to say when no one else is posting.
Hej alla glada. Jag har inte något roligt internt forumskämt att skriva som signatur.
Lysol
Metal Warrior

Postby Mr. Blueberry » Sat Oct 15, 2016 18:47

I'm here too.

Hi.
Mr. Blueberry
Metal Hero

Title: Mr. Thrashberry!

Postby Pirate » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:12

Im still alive as well
"Have you ever noticed that you can get salmonella from eating chicken but you cant get chickenella eating salmon?"

<------ This guy
Pirate
Metal Warrior

Postby CanadianMetalFan » Sun Oct 16, 2016 23:00

I am still around as well. Probably the only Canadian left on the board. Still reppin Canada!!!! :headbang:

Joel
"...we have a practical, historical and biblical mandate to fervently disobey any unconstitutional laws and all government officials who cease to be good ministers of Jesus Christ. God almighty is the only power that deserves unlimited obedience."
CanadianMetalFan
Metal Hero

Next

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah