Prayer request for my health please...

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Re: Prayer request for my health please...

Postby Brad-K » Sun May 15, 2016 10:00

Glad to hear they/you got it all. May it remain so.

I don't envy anyone who has to live through that 'night before.' Not at all.

Sorry about the pain and infection, and glad you're getting past it. Seems like all they have is the ability to sedate, but not much to control pain...sucks.

Glad for your success...may it continue...God Bless.
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby Crossbearer » Mon May 16, 2016 13:16

Glad to hear you are ok.
Horrible thing to go through.
"Obviously they make me want to pee in public places, but that's mostly because I drink the "pickle juice" after I'm done downing a jar."
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Title: Thrash Diddy

Postby BassOvercast » Fri May 20, 2016 8:34

Good to hear you made it through all that Hguols! Really, really glad.
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Prayer request for my health please...

Postby Hguols » Mon Jun 06, 2016 17:20

Brad-K wrote:Seems like all they have is the ability to sedate, but not much to control pain...sucks.

Well, I could be virtually pain free if I wanted to be drugged up all the time. Still taking narcotic pain killers, but only twice a day now, so it's getting better. Something that works even better is cannabis. I found an amount of that that's still contingent with my sobriety. So glad God made this stuff.

Two more surgeries in two more weeks and hopefully I'm done going under the knife. ...hopefully. After that, 6 more months of IV chemo. That's the last (and longest) hurdle for my treatment.

Kamerad Ash wrote:What point if that nation id Everyone's nation who can manage to get to it?
Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Brad-K » Fri Jun 10, 2016 15:09

Ho-BOY that's a tough row to hoe. God be absolutely with you....every step of the way. [-o<
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Postby CanadianMetalFan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:55

Hguols wrote:Well, I could be virtually pain free if I wanted to be drugged up all the time. Still taking narcotic pain killers, but only twice a day now, so it's getting better. Something that works even better is cannabis. I found an amount of that that's still contingent with my sobriety. So glad God made this stuff.

Two more surgeries in two more weeks and hopefully I'm done going under the knife. ...hopefully. After that, 6 more months of IV chemo. That's the last (and longest) hurdle for my treatment.

That's rough bro, good to hear you are making it out on the other side on top of this thing! Is medical Cannabis legal in your state? Cannabis works for a lot of things cancer wise. At the very minimum it'll help with pain relief, as an anti-nauseant, and is less addictive than opiate based pain killers. If cannabis is legal try and find a strain that is high in CBD instead of THC. CBD doesn't get you high like THC does and is very effective at killing cancer cells. It really is terrible there is so much disinformation and fear surrounding this plant. Keep us updated buddy!

https://www.projectcbd.org/what-cbd

- Joel
"...we have a practical, historical and biblical mandate to fervently disobey any unconstitutional laws and all government officials who cease to be good ministers of Jesus Christ. God almighty is the only power that deserves unlimited obedience."
CanadianMetalFan
Metal Hero

Postby Hguols » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:34

CBD can be bought over the counter in my state. I've been using it in a vaporizer since I was diagnosed last year. THC is a much better pain relief though. 1/8th oz of buds lasts me 6 months - one toke once or twice a day gives me all the relief I need.

As far as it being legal in my state, not recreational - but it's accepted for medical use. My surgeon recommended it, and gave me this information on how to jump through these hoops. I decided it was much easier to just to buy it from a sympathetic coworker.

It's not like I'm driving around with it, partying it up with friends. I treat it no differently than an antibiotic.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Kamerad Ash wrote:What point if that nation id Everyone's nation who can manage to get to it?
Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Hguols » Fri Jun 17, 2016 22:55

I'm out of the hospital from my third and final surgery and ready to start recovering. So glad to be reversed and that I can eat normal things again.

Had a few complaints about my hospital experience, so I'm following up with their patient advocate about it. Things like an absence in necessary pain management on multiple occasions, this tech that didn't know what she was doing (her words); who dropped a pressure cuff on my face and took my temperature without the sanitation sleeve. She shoved the metal so far in my mouth I almost gagged.

I think things like that need reported - then I'll be done and moving on from that, on to happier things.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby tim » Tue Jun 28, 2016 21:26

Oh man, that sort of thing is awful and definitely needs reporting... glad you're doing that!

That said, though, I'm glad you seem to be improving! Levi told me what you were going through. Cancer is absolutely terrible and a family friend died of it almost exactly one year ago. It really messed me up emotionally, because of what happened in a face-to-face conversation that my Mother encouraged and I felt God wanted me to do. The person basically said she didn't want to fight it and had decided to die. It was like talking to a dead person and I don't mean that because of what the treatment had done to her. The way she ended our conversation (which was angrily) and the look on her face were absolutely horrifying. She rejected the encouragement I gave her (which I felt God wanted me to give and I was very careful with, of course) and decided that, in spite of the fact that she knew she could recover, she would rather continue to wallow in negativity (as she had her whole life :\ ). And she was a Christian, too...

That stood in stark contrast to how my lifelong best friend and my Aunt's bouts with cancer were approached. They're both Christians and throughout the radiation and chemo and surgery, they read the Bible and prayed regularly. My Aunt recovered so well that she left the hospital a day or two after a major surgery, feeling GREAT. Despite having a bad diagnosis and the potential of an amputation, she just clung to God and forged ahead as stubbornly as possible. She's a lot better now and so is my best friend. It was totally reliance on God while going through all of that that enabled them to survive and conquer what they experienced. I don't believe that everyone can do this and recover, of course, but I definitely think relying on God helps. Which is why I'm proud of you doing that in your situation.
tim
Metal Hero

Postby Hguols » Thu Jun 30, 2016 23:38

I know of someone locally who her dad died because he was diagnosed with bladder cancer and then "gave up". I know of someone else who rejects all medical treatment and just uses essential oils to treat her cancer, which as much as I hate to say it, is another form of giving up.

Even though I'm fighting and have cleared all the major hurdles except this last bout of chemo, I do understand throwing in the towel though. These procedures were some of the worst pain I've felt in my life. If cancer shows up again, am I really going to want to do this again? ...and then again?
I can't answer that right now. A huge part of me says I'm not strong enough to handle all of that again.

I'm just so glad that I have all the support I do - that's what has kept me going before.

Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Brad-K » Wed Jul 13, 2016 18:29

Hope the chemo hasn't had too many side-effects.
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Postby Hguols » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:27

Man, I really feel like crap today. Just really bluh all over.
I've got 3 different nausea medicines (a chewable, a prescription and God's green) and I'm having to use all 3 to keep from calling dinosaurs. (calling dinosaurs = slang for throwing up)

Slept 6 hours last night. Woke up at 8am and by noon, I was extremely tired and slept 4 more hours.
At least that freakin' needle is out of my chest now and won't have to get put back in until the 25th of July.

My first chemo infusion was Monday (two days ago) and apparently this chemo can CAUSE cancer. That's crazy.
Kinda depressing that on this chemo ward, I'm the youngest patient by 20-30 years I'm guessing...

That cold sensitivity they told me about is BRUTAL. Took a swig of my unsweetened tea after it sat in ice for a while and it felt like I swallowed broken glass. I get why they put so much emphasis on room temperature drinks.

Figured out something that's actually good about chemo. Flys and mosquitos won't come near me. My wife and I were both sweating while jogging at the park (been exercising a lot lately) and they were eating her alive, but wouldn't even land on me. I've never had that happen in my life.

That being said, they told my wife and I today that we need to wash our clothes separately. If I wash my sweaty shirt with her clothes while this is coming out of my pores, it could make her sick.

Hguols
Metal Warrior

Previous

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah