So bad news

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

So bad news

Postby BassOvercast » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:31

After arriving in LA and making my way to the front of the customs line was pulled away to a customs office and told to wait for hours before they finally got back to me. I was told that due to a hiccup with a previous visit within the VWP regulations I was in danger of being refused entry to the United States.
I then got to wait a couple more hours.Then was pulled off. Searched. And locked away in a small unventilated room with several other people in similar situations.
After yet another lengthy wait i was interviewed and then sent back to the lock up room.
Once in the lockup room i spent the whole day there, denied the option of carrying my medication along with shoelaces, necklace, and was denied the availability to communicate with anyone in any format outside of verbally talking with others detained along with me. Some who'd been there for days.
They cleaned the room once and tried to shut us in with the chemical fumes wafting through the room. Initially we convinced them to allow the door to remain open so we could let the place breathe. But that was temporary.
We were allowed one meal that we could buy or free 2 minute noodles.
Eventually the higher ups reviewed my case and i was denied entry to the USA. This was not deportation. As i was technically not in country yet. It was denied entry to the USA.
What does this mean? Because I was not deported I am allowed to reenter the country. However I can never travel there via the VWP ever again. The only way I can enter the country is with a valid VISA.
They bought me a flight back to Australia that left shortly before midnight and locked me in a caged van for travel to it. It was a real nice touch getting one final body search while being told to look at the flag of honour. A flag made up of names of victims in the 9/11 attacks. Thinking about terrorist casualties prior to being kicked out of the country was pretty much the icing on the cake.
They now have several sets of my fingerprints and a mug shot. And I must say right now I'm just feeling pretty damn bitter. I'm tired, heartbroken and very much upset.
On the upside the person who interviewed me was civil and polite, which is more than some of the other detainees received. And i was allowed two short calls to Sara. Once upon being told I was not allowed in country and a very, very brief call prior to my flight out.
'tis the season I guess...
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Re: So bad news

Postby Lysol » Tue Dec 08, 2015 0:07

F***. Sh**. :(

I honestly have no idea what to say. I'm so sorry for you.
Hej alla glada. Jag har inte något roligt internt forumskämt att skriva som signatur.
Lysol
Metal Warrior

Postby dimmick » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:20

Well. That's pretty much awful. As previously stated, there aren't really words in a situation like this. :?

So sorry man. I really, really hope things work out for you in the future. I guess I don't fully understand though - didn't you get married last time you were in the States? Isn't there a special visa for international couples as long as one is an American citizen?
\m/
dimmick
Metal Hero

Title: I want this guy to be my custom title

Postby BassOvercast » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:23

dimmick wrote:Well. That's pretty much awful. As previously stated, there aren't really words in a situation like this. :?

So sorry man. I really, really hope things work out for you in the future. I guess I don't fully understand though - didn't you get married last time you were in the States? Isn't there a special visa for international couples as long as one is an American citizen?

Yeah. We were under the impression we had filed for it, but while in detainment I was informed that the submission hadn't gone through. So we'd been waiting for half a year for progress on a VISA that hadn't been lodged. No idea what went wrong, but it went wrong.
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby dimmick » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:12

BassOvercast wrote:Yeah. We were under the impression we had filed for it, but while in detainment I was informed that the submission hadn't gone through. So we'd been waiting for half a year for progress on a VISA that hadn't been lodged. No idea what went wrong, but it went wrong.

Ugh. Unbelievable, and incredibly frustrating that you were trying to follow the rules and something beyond your control got fouled up. Will you be able to re-apply for that visa?
\m/
dimmick
Metal Hero

Title: I want this guy to be my custom title

Postby Mr. Blueberry » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:32

What the f***
Mr. Blueberry
Metal Hero

Title: Mr. Thrashberry!

Postby BassOvercast » Wed Jan 27, 2016 16:16

dimmick wrote:
BassOvercast wrote:Yeah. We were under the impression we had filed for it, but while in detainment I was informed that the submission hadn't gone through. So we'd been waiting for half a year for progress on a VISA that hadn't been lodged. No idea what went wrong, but it went wrong.

Ugh. Unbelievable, and incredibly frustrating that you were trying to follow the rules and something beyond your control got fouled up. Will you be able to re-apply for that visa?

We have an immigration lawyer now. But it's going to take longer because I was denied entry into the USA.
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah