How's everyone doing?

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

How's everyone doing?

Postby BassOvercast » Fri Oct 09, 2015 22:16

So after going through the thread I created about me getting a job, it's very apparent that 2015 has been relentlessly brutal.
I figured I'd start a thread to see how everyone's doing overall at the moment... at the least so we can be aware of how each of us our doing in our pockets of the world. And maybe get a prayer group started for those who are being overburdened by everything that all seems to be happening at the moment.

That said, any good news is welcome too.
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Re: How's everyone doing?

Postby Mr. Blueberry » Fri Oct 09, 2015 22:54

I'm getting my drivers license in the next couple of weeks!
The biggest step towards adulthood in a long time...
After that I'm moving and desperately need a job/an income of some sort.
The next biggest step towards adulthood in a long time...

So. Stuff is happening.
I'll probably get through it alive.
Mr. Blueberry
Metal Hero

Title: Mr. Thrashberry!

Postby Lysol » Sat Oct 10, 2015 18:06

Wear your seatbelt Mats. In case you get the license: Congrats! :D

I'm the "boss" of the CT-scanner at work. And we're just about to buy a new one. In Sweden, buying stuff at public sector is a really complicated and long process (basically it's like that to prevent bribing and/or buying from your sister's husbands company and so on) so we've been working on this project for six months now and finally it's almost over. It's been fun. Blah blah. Just in case anyone was interested... 8-[

Other stuff, life in the city and in an apartment sucks. Me and Heli talk about it daily, we really hate this lifestyle. We don't know people here so we're kind of alone here with nothing to do. And our cat gets depressed every time we bring her home again after she's been away at Heli's parents house. Seriosly, just give me a house like this, let me heat it with this and this and I'll shut up. We're searching for houses like this every day, but either this or that is missing or it's not located where we want to live, or the soil is too bad for growing crops. And then you end up feeling bad since you're just complaining. :(
Hej alla glada. Jag har inte något roligt internt forumskämt att skriva som signatur.
Lysol
Metal Warrior

Postby GabrielaOlem » Sun Oct 11, 2015 14:27

Me and Rafael are still in Norway, living one of the best moments of our lives so far.
We are each day loving more this country and less our Brazil, meh.
Now we are getting more and more will to try a job here in Norway and soon come to live here. We want to give our kids (that are not born yet hehe) a better life, a chance to have a free and healthy childhood. Yesterday we went to church and heard that God has a wider vision of things than us, so we are tranquil, doing what we can to realize these dreams, but waiting for the right time to come (hopefully, soon).

On 20th of october we will be back to Brazil, I will present a lecture and in two months I will graduate. I should be graduated in july, but the federal teachers were on a strike since may, 27 until last week. More than 130 days without working and they didn't get what they wanted. :?

Me and Rafa have lots of dreams (about traveling and going to a better country) but with the current economy condition in Brazil, we just don't know anything anymore. :tooth:
GabrielaOlem
Metal Wannabe

Postby Mr. Blueberry » Tue Oct 20, 2015 22:23

Lysol wrote:Wear your seatbelt Mats. In case you get the license: Congrats! :D

Got it today!
Now I'm finally a grown-ass man!
Mr. Blueberry
Metal Hero

Title: Mr. Thrashberry!

Postby Lysol » Wed Oct 21, 2015 19:21

Mr. Blueberry wrote:

Got it today!

:blinking: :blinking: :blinking: :blinking:

:britsmiley: :britsmiley:

Heli hälsar grattis också! :)
Hej alla glada. Jag har inte något roligt internt forumskämt att skriva som signatur.
Lysol
Metal Warrior

Postby BassOvercast » Wed Oct 21, 2015 21:25

Mr. Blueberry wrote:

Got it today!

Congratulations grown arse-man. May your roads be lined with pedestrian barriers. :britsmiley:

I'm the "boss" of the CT-scanner at work. And we're just about to buy a new one. In Sweden, buying stuff at public sector is a really complicated and long process (basically it's like that to prevent bribing and/or buying from your sister's husbands company and so on) so we've been working on this project for six months now and finally it's almost over. It's been fun. Blah blah. Just in case anyone was interested... 8-[

Other stuff, life in the city and in an apartment sucks. Me and Heli talk about it daily, we really hate this lifestyle. We don't know people here so we're kind of alone here with nothing to do. And our cat gets depressed every time we bring her home again after she's been away at Heli's parents house. Seriosly, just give me a house like this, let me heat it with this and this and I'll shut up. We're searching for houses like this every day, but either this or that is missing or it's not located where we want to live, or the soil is too bad for growing crops. And then you end up feeling bad since you're just complaining. :(

I can relate to that to some degree. Didn't realise you'd become a boss-man. Hope you guys get a good house soon though.

GabrielaOlem wrote:Me and Rafael are still in Norway, living one of the best moments of our lives so far.
We are each day loving more this country and less our Brazil, meh.
Now we are getting more and more will to try a job here in Norway and soon come to live here. We want to give our kids (that are not born yet hehe) a better life, a chance to have a free and healthy childhood. Yesterday we went to church and heard that God has a wider vision of things than us, so we are tranquil, doing what we can to realize these dreams, but waiting for the right time to come (hopefully, soon).

On 20th of october we will be back to Brazil, I will present a lecture and in two months I will graduate. I should be graduated in july, but the federal teachers were on a strike since may, 27 until last week. More than 130 days without working and they didn't get what they wanted. :?

Me and Rafa have lots of dreams (about traveling and going to a better country) but with the current economy condition in Brazil, we just don't know anything anymore. :tooth:

Wider vision in a more appealing way? Or wider in a daunting way?
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Postby GabrielaOlem » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:52

BassOvercast wrote:Wider vision in a more appealing way? Or wider in a daunting way?

Both I guess. Because I expect that in the end I will be out of this crap country (brazil) but if I am not, then it's daunting visions...
GabrielaOlem
Metal Wannabe

Postby Immortal Frost » Sun Nov 01, 2015 14:27

A new journey is about to start for me and Gabi. We will move to my hometown next month and I'm not sure how it will be there.
Our minds changed after being in Norway for a while. We were planning to travel around the world next year, but now what we really would like to do is to live in Norway or at least in Germany (because then it could be easier to go to Norway), but for this we should have a job first, sure.

At the moment Gabi is focusing on the last month of studies, then she will be graduated and we hope that this help her to get a job abroad.
Also in this month we will start to sell the things we have at home because of the moving. Maybe we stay one year in my hometown, we will try to get a job there (and keep trying to find a job in Norway or Germany).
Immortal Frost
Metal Hero

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah