Had a job interview today :D

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Re: Had a job interview today :D

Postby BassOvercast » Fri Aug 28, 2015 17:04

Did my second shift today. I am satisfied with my job in the way that you can be satisfied with any mediocre retail job. Work is steady. Pace is steady. Don't have to think too hard either. Is good.
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Postby Crossbearer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 20:19

Sounds excellent.
"Obviously they make me want to pee in public places, but that's mostly because I drink the "pickle juice" after I'm done downing a jar."
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Title: Thrash Diddy

Postby Immortal Frost » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:30

BassOvercast wrote:I got the job! :D

glad for that, congrats =D>
Immortal Frost
Metal Hero

Postby BassOvercast » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:15

Crossbearer wrote:Sounds excellent.

It's not excellent.... but it is good..... enough. It's good enough. lol.

Thanks everyone on your prayers congratulations and all the rest. I really appreciate it. :)
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby Farlig-K » Sun Aug 30, 2015 17:46

I wish I could have a relaxing job for once. Currently I work just about 24/7:

1. I have a normal day job at one of my clients that I spend roughly 9 hours per day at. Some days that goes up to 14 hours when we have an after-hours deployment. Last week Thursday I was at the office for a full 28 hours and only got home the next day around lunch-time.
  2. Every evening (and weekend) I get back and do work on other clients' projects, as I can't afford to let their projects lag because I've on site each day at the above-mentioned client.
  3. When I decide to stop working on a client's project to get some "rest", I'm constantly thinking about how to improve the proprietary tools I build for my team of developers to increase the quality and decrease the delivery time of their projects.
  4. In between getting the actual work done, I need to project-manage all my resources deployed at clients and defuse inter-personal staff differences.
  5. I often stress about paying my employees' salaries and juggle numbers around in my head to make sure I can afford everything I need to pay that month.
Startup companies don't have it easy. :(

Let's hope it all pays off in the next year and I'm able to move to a better country and remotely manage all the chaos. And maybe attend NF16. :)
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby Crossbearer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:33

As a startup CEO, I slept like a baby. I woke up every 2 hours and cried.

- Ben Horowitz
"Obviously they make me want to pee in public places, but that's mostly because I drink the "pickle juice" after I'm done downing a jar."
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Title: Thrash Diddy

Postby Brad-K » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:10

So glad those computers made our lives so much easier as was promised back in the day. :roll:

You know, you could always become one of those sugar cane harvesting slaves.
You'd probably sleep much better, anyways.
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby BassOvercast » Mon Aug 31, 2015 14:00

While Brad is clearly joking about being a slave, I have been wondering if maybe it might be worth your taking a less anxiety driven field of work. Something more simple...
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby GabrielaOlem » Tue Sep 01, 2015 0:49

BassOvercast wrote:While Brad is clearly joking about being a slave, I have been wondering if maybe it might be worth your taking a less anxiety driven field of work. Something more simple...

I worked on a big TV station as video editor for one year (after two years being an intern in a easier and calmer part of the company). I would get there by 4:30 in the "morning" and got out only by 1pm. Would edit the morning news (1h30 of duration, basically a film everyday) and the lunch news with a team of 3 editors. In 6 months I realised this was actually sh*%$full job and in 9 months I almost got into depression, since I would be all morning under stress, superiors would curse and scream on me for no reason, I gained weight and lost healthy, it was all the time a battle against the clock. Aside from this job, I studied on a college (still not graduated) and worked on photography. When I reached the bottom, I cried a lot for nothing and everything and didn't feel alive for the things I liked before.

So I quit and nothing pays my 9-hours-of-sleep nights and my healthy back again. God has been given me the enough photography jobs to keep going.

Hope things get better with you and your startup, Farlig.
GabrielaOlem
Metal Wannabe

Postby Farlig-K » Mon Sep 07, 2015 20:17

Thanks for the well wishes...

So, today something weird happened. Last week Friday morning I had an urgent chat with the owner and founder my client who is interested in buying my company. He then wants to offer me a position in his R&D team in Australia and have the rest of my staff work at his client's premises (where almost all of my staff, including myself, work each day). He said if I have any further questions I can discuss it with his CEO. Sounds good so far, right?

When I got to work that day, the CEO of said client asked me what the owner/founder and myself discussed, so I briefly reiterated. It was in a meeting myself, the CEO and their IT Director had. When I mentioned my move to Aus, the IT Director broke out into a joking fit saying that the owner/founder (his boss) is not going to steal me away from their client. I just said we should then discuss it in more detail.

So, on to this morning. I get a call from the owner/founder asking what we discussed last week, because apparently I told the IT Director in front of other people that he should go to hell and I refuse to work at their client any longer!

Now I'm literally between a rock and a hard place. Do I p*ss off the owner of my client's company and risk our contract that provides 90% of our income, or do I p*ss off my client's IT Director which is my main contact at their client each day and potentially ALSO risk the contract and future relationships.

...on top of all this I need to consider firing one of my employees who's always late and slacks off at work. I already had to remove him from our large client's premises because he was creating a negative image for us. He's now at another client of ours' premises ans things aren't looking any rosier.

Oh, and then I have 2 huge projects to get done after hours this month for 2 new clients. I literally have no free time these days. Been so for a year now...
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby GabrielaOlem » Thu Sep 10, 2015 15:22

Seems a really difficult situation :cry:
Did you manage to solve it yet?
Last edited by GabrielaOlem on Fri Sep 11, 2015 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
GabrielaOlem
Metal Wannabe

Postby Farlig-K » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:56

Nope, not yet. Still just trudging through each day hoping I make it to the end. My wife says I'm depressed and wants to send me for medical help, but I refuse.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby GabrielaOlem » Fri Sep 11, 2015 15:30

It's is difficult to see when we reach our limits... Sometimes we just see them we already crossed.
I don't know you, but I know that when we are in a situation that out beloved ones says we need help, it's because they must be suffering with us too. And if you don't want to look for help for yourself, you can do it for who you love.

Hoping that you find a way to relief from all this. :?
GabrielaOlem
Metal Wannabe

Re:

Postby BassOvercast » Fri Sep 11, 2015 22:25

Farlig-K wrote:Nope, not yet. Still just trudging through each day hoping I make it to the end. My wife says I'm depressed and wants to send me for medical help, but I refuse.

Realising you need mental help is one of the first steps. Given your circumstances for the past while I was expecting it to hit about this point. I would suggest seeing a psychologist at the least. Compounding stress, anxiety, workload, and financial setbacks are only going to rattle you more. And refusing to listen to sad music isn't going to change that.
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby Farlig-K » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:05

BassOvercast wrote:
Farlig-K wrote:Nope, not yet. Still just trudging through each day hoping I make it to the end. My wife says I'm depressed and wants to send me for medical help, but I refuse.

Realising you need mental help is one of the first steps. Given your circumstances for the past while I was expecting it to hit about this point. I would suggest seeing a psychologist at the least. Compounding stress, anxiety, workload, and financial setbacks are only going to rattle you more. And refusing to listen to sad music isn't going to change that.

I just think I need to rest a bit. This past week was one of the busiest and modt frustrating weeks I've ever had. I sat at my computer when I got home and yelled at the top of my lungs for a couple of minutes. Suffice to say I have almost no voice today. :P
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah