Had a job interview today :D

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Re: Had a job interview today :D

Postby BassOvercast » Sat Sep 12, 2015 18:41

Farlig-K wrote:
BassOvercast wrote:
Farlig-K wrote:Nope, not yet. Still just trudging through each day hoping I make it to the end. My wife says I'm depressed and wants to send me for medical help, but I refuse.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Realising you need mental help is one of the first steps. Given your circumstances for the past while I was expecting it to hit about this point. I would suggest seeing a psychologist at the least. Compounding stress, anxiety, workload, and financial setbacks are only going to rattle you more. And refusing to listen to sad music isn't going to change that.

I just think I need to rest a bit. This past week was one of the busiest and modt frustrating weeks I've ever had. I sat at my computer when I got home and yelled at the top of my lungs for a couple of minutes. Suffice to say I have almost no voice today. :P

Will you give yourself that rest?
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Postby GabrielaOlem » Sat Sep 12, 2015 22:49

Farlig-K wrote:I sat at my computer when I got home and yelled at the top of my lungs for a couple of minutes. Suffice to say I have almost no voice today. :P

I did something like this, but I yelled in a pillow.

Take a rest, it really helps. Everybody deserves and it seems you deserves even more.
GabrielaOlem
Metal Wannabe

Postby Crossbearer » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:52

Yo, mr. wernermaister! That doesn't sound good at all. No, not at all.

And there are always more solutions to the problems we face than we think.
You think you may end up pissing off one of the parties involved, but you might end up pissing off both. Or none... Preferably none.
Sounds like an internal struggle that you shouldn't have to be a part of.

I also came to a point lately where I agreed to go see a therapist.
Can't honestly say if it did any good, but at least it was a new experience.

And next time you wanna scream your lungs out, listen to some angry music at the same time.
"Obviously they make me want to pee in public places, but that's mostly because I drink the "pickle juice" after I'm done downing a jar."
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Title: Thrash Diddy

Postby Farlig-K » Wed Oct 07, 2015 20:06

Crossbearer wrote:Yo, mr. wernermaister! That doesn't sound good at all. No, not at all.

You think you may end up pissing off one of the parties involved, but you might end up pissing off both. Or none... Preferably none.

And next time you wanna scream your lungs out, listen to some angry music at the same time.

I always chuckle when I read the word "therapist"...

Anyway, the situation didn't really resolve itself - it just got worse. The person in question is badmouthing me behind my back to my staff and I hear lots of stories through the grapevine, stories that I would rather not like to hear because they are in no way true at all. So, I decided to stick to my guns and keep doing the work that I do on a daily basis, making myself and my team unmissable at our client. I'm quite certain I'll get chased off site by the end of the month, but at least I would've left a positive image of myself at all the people in the company, except the one person. Questions will be asked as to why I'm gone and he'll have to answer them in some way and luckily my staff will still be on site to back me up.

I dunno - this year just sucks. I hate 2015. I thought I won't have a year more than 2014, but 2015 just sucks way more.
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby BassOvercast » Fri Oct 09, 2015 22:06

Farlig-K wrote:
Crossbearer wrote:Yo, mr. wernermaister! That doesn't sound good at all. No, not at all.

I always chuckle when I read the word "therapist"...

Anyway, the situation didn't really resolve itself - it just got worse. The person in question is badmouthing me behind my back to my staff and I hear lots of stories through the grapevine, stories that I would rather not like to hear because they are in no way true at all. So, I decided to stick to my guns and keep doing the work that I do on a daily basis, making myself and my team unmissable at our client. I'm quite certain I'll get chased off site by the end of the month, but at least I would've left a positive image of myself at all the people in the company, except the one person. Questions will be asked as to why I'm gone and he'll have to answer them in some way and luckily my staff will still be on site to back me up.

I dunno - this year just sucks. I hate 2015. I thought I won't have a year more than 2014, but 2015 just sucks way more.

It has been a REALLY bad year for a lot of people.
I still think you should at least see a therapist for a couple of sessions. If for no other reason than for some alternative perspective on your situation that comes from someone more qualified than family/friends/self.
From what I've heard so far, I definitely agree that staying out of the crosshairs and just doing your job well, and being a good dude with the rest of the people is about the least self destructive of your options with this whole venture aside from outside intervention.
From the sounds of it all this wasn't supposed to be a temporary job. What's this going to mean in the long-term for your business?
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Previous

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah