Does anyone like dark classical piano?

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Does anyone like dark classical piano?

Postby Hguols » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:06

Chopin's etudes is pretty much the best DARK piano I've ever heard. Unfortunately, he's not around to create new pieces.

My last black metal release, I invested in a decent controller for keyboard symphonic elements. Along with this controller came some very high quality Korg instrument sounds. (one of the thousands available was an impressive 8 multi-layered grand piano sound)

I've been itching to record some dark piano pieces since I'm now between albums.

Free to stream, let me know if you guys like. I'm sure you'll be able to tell that Chopin's piano works is a HUGE influence.
There are currently 4 songs and I plan on doing more pieces.

http://www.eversoul.net

Kamerad Ash wrote:What point if that nation id Everyone's nation who can manage to get to it?
Hguols
Metal Warrior

Re: Does anyone like dark classical piano?

Postby BassOvercast » Fri May 01, 2015 18:51

Ooooooooooooooo. Looking forward to having a look-see.
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Postby BassOvercast » Fri May 01, 2015 19:15

Having a listen now. And it's really, really nice piano work. However, I feel that it needs more around it. Maybe some underlying ambiance or some such. But the piano sounds very..... lonely.
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Postby atleonar » Sat May 02, 2015 9:47

BassOvercast wrote:Having a listen now. And it's really, really nice piano work. However, I feel that it needs more around it. Maybe some underlying ambiance or some such. But the piano sounds very..... lonely.

I very much agree.
atleonar
Metal Hero

Postby Hguols » Fri May 15, 2015 17:09

Lonely is kind of the idea. :)
Its not really meant to be busy or studied intently. I have other music for that.
This would be perfect to loop in a quiet room while reading or conversing with friends. ...to set the mood.

There are now 6 tracks available. There's also an option to buy the "Eternal Collection" which allows you to download everything current and to come. Not really worth the price now, but it will be (and then some) if everything goes to plan.

Kamerad Ash wrote:What point if that nation id Everyone's nation who can manage to get to it?
Hguols
Metal Warrior

Postby Hguols » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:28

I got a little behind, focusing on the Ankou Awaits release(s) and all.
...but I've added 2 more songs tonight!

This brings the total to 8.

Hguols
Metal Warrior

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah