Getting off of Seroquel...

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Re: Getting off of Seroquel...

Postby BassOvercast » Tue Sep 02, 2014 17:35

Brad-K wrote:Anything that disruptive is certainly worth leaving behind. Hang in there, You're doing great. =D>

The Peace of God be upon You...The peace that passes all understanding. [-o<

Well actually, the disruption was from the lowering of the dosage.

I'm off the seroquel entirely now and there's... a lot of differences. Sometimes I have amazing clarity due to my level of awareness. Sometimes it's unbelievably hard to think because of all the white noise in my head from the information overdose that comes with all the awareness. It's no longer treating my depression either so dissociation is really bad. Especially during the morning. The worst of all the returned side effects though is the anxiety itches. If you don't know they're deep, deep itches that never actually go away. Just travel from one part of your body to another. If you're not careful you can find yourself scratching until you're actually creating open wounds with those, I've done it several times before in the past. Trying pretty hard just to ignore them at the moment. The bipolar itself I've been able to keep on top of relatively well though. I haven't had any really bad mania. Just really, really strong emotions that keep bubbling to the surface until I can get them under control. I'm probably controlling them a bit too much, to a point of suppression, but I'm not really in a position to give them free reign at the moment.

GOOD SIDE EFFECTS. Turns out Seroquel was acting as a HUGE appetite suppressant. Instead of only eating about one meal a day I've actually found myself requiring (body regularly reminding me too) regular food. Breakfast, lunch and tea. I SUSPECT that my lack of appetite (hence lack of eating) was part of what was giving me such a low drive, energy, and attitude along such a strong level of apathy.
I'm starting to get pieces of memory retention back again. It's still pretty bad. Instead of just black holes where there should be memories I now have scattered fragments of memories that are really hard to connect. It's honestly pretty confusing. But it should eventually get better and I'm definitely looking forward to that.

On top of ALL of that. I finally have a job. So, thanks to God!
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Postby TýnaCheese » Thu Sep 04, 2014 20:38

I am glad to read this, glad for you, Levi :-)
"IF YOUR PROBLEM IS BIGGER THAN YOUR GOD, YOU ARE SERVING THE WRONG GOD."

ImageImage
TýnaCheese
Metal Hero

Title: Czech-Chick

Postby BassOvercast » Mon May 04, 2015 19:48

Another update, since it's been a while.

I'm really on top of things. I still have periods of depression and extremely slight moments of dissociation if things get bad. But my bipolar and depression is remarkably manageable. I haven't had any overt problems with either of them at all. I feel much more in tune with myself for the most part. Life is a bit more dreamy than it was on meds, as I have discovered that the medication I was on had actually reshaped my personality from a dreamer into an analytical, fact crunching machine. With the meds fully gone my old personality of the INFP started coming back. The transition between the two personalities was really harsh and somewhat disturbing, but when on the other side things feel much nicer. I don't have to worry about chasing my thoughts down the rabbit hole. In fact, more often than not I try to bury him there.
Been working on a lot more art now because of the return of my INFP personality type. That has been really nice. I've missed being able to just soak in an atmosphere of beauty around me and portray it into something that means something. Whether that's music, visual or literature.
Only negative side is that with the Seroquel no longer in my system on any level at all I have really bad anxiety. It doesn't actually go away, and there's no logical way to actually deal with it because the anxiety comes largely from the fact that my wife is still on the other side of the planet and with immigration forms still being processed (more on that in a sec), my life is stuck in limbo. With that happening there's no real foreseeable future. Which, I do like to know what's coming up. So the constant undertone of anxiety is giving me a strong dose of insomnia. With the understanding of how bad my insomnia is, it brought to my attention that I had been (for a long time now) self medicating my anxiety with alcohol. Now that I know this I have not actually abused alcohol anymore. That is a huge relief as it was getting to be a bit of a concern a while ago.
In terms of immigration, unfortunately there was a mistake on one of our forms that we sent back in September or November? So they didn't let us know for a good many months. Those forms had to be resubmitted (and have been resubmitted), but they've set us back by a huge amount of time. I theoretically could have already moved to the USA by now, but it's looking more like I won't be able to head over until towards the end of the year. Although, if God helps fast track that somewhat, I sure as hell won't say no.
For the moment I'm just doing what I can to keep myself centred and not focus on what could go wrong. It's been a hard slog, but I honestly think that going off of Seroquel was one of the better moves I'm made for some time now.
Would appreciate any prayer in regards to my anxiety, insomnia and immigration.
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby atleonar » Fri May 08, 2015 13:25

Praying. Good to hear that health is getting better, but I really hope that there will be a quick solution to the immigration problems too, and that the other things will get better as a consequence. I suffered from insomnia for many years before I got married, but then it disappeared. So hopefully you will have a good improvement when you don't have to live away from your wife anymore.
atleonar
Metal Hero

Postby Crossbearer » Fri May 08, 2015 17:11

Hoping for the best.
"Obviously they make me want to pee in public places, but that's mostly because I drink the "pickle juice" after I'm done downing a jar."
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Title: Thrash Diddy

Postby BassOvercast » Tue May 12, 2015 6:15

Thanks guys! I also have a new job interview this Friday. So prayers for that would be really appreciated.
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby Farlig-K » Tue May 12, 2015 19:47

BassOvercast wrote:Thanks guys! I also have a new job interview this Friday. So prayers for that would be really appreciated.

That's awesome man. Prayers and good luck heading your way!

I have a hugely stressful meeting with my partner in our (still new) business tomorrow. One of our clients wants to buy out the business and I need to discuss it with him. I know he's not keen on the idea at all, but life has been too stressful recently for me. My farhter-in-law died in December, I missed a couple of months' salary payments (forcing me to make debt to pay bills and food) and last week my 6 year old dog was bit to death by the neighbour's death. I was incredibly traumatized finding her dead body in their garden. I still cry about it every night. On top of that the work at our client (one of the 3 big telco's in South Africa) has been INCREDIBLY stressful and I just completed their most complex product integration in record time.

So if you're talking about anxiety, I can feel you and then tell you something about it as well. I've literally felt like I'm on the verge of dying the past couple of months. A 31 year old person shouldn't go through this much stress and trauma in such a short period of time. Hopefully it will all be over by the end of this week and I can sell the company, make a bit of dosh to (hopefully) pay off my house and gain the opportunity to immigrate to Brisbane, Florida or a currently unannounced European country.
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby BassOvercast » Fri May 15, 2015 6:49

Farlig-K wrote:
BassOvercast wrote:Thanks guys! I also have a new job interview this Friday. So prayers for that would be really appreciated.

That's awesome man. Prayers and good luck heading your way!

I have a hugely stressful meeting with my partner in our (still new) business tomorrow. One of our clients wants to buy out the business and I need to discuss it with him. I know he's not keen on the idea at all, but life has been too stressful recently for me. My farhter-in-law died in December, I missed a couple of months' salary payments (forcing me to make debt to pay bills and food) and last week my 6 year old dog was bit to death by the neighbour's death. I was incredibly traumatized finding her dead body in their garden. I still cry about it every night. On top of that the work at our client (one of the 3 big telco's in South Africa) has been INCREDIBLY stressful and I just completed their most complex product integration in record time.

So if you're talking about anxiety, I can feel you and then tell you something about it as well. I've literally felt like I'm on the verge of dying the past couple of months. A 31 year old person shouldn't go through this much stress and trauma in such a short period of time. Hopefully it will all be over by the end of this week and I can sell the company, make a bit of dosh to (hopefully) pay off my house and gain the opportunity to immigrate to Brisbane, Florida or a currently unannounced European country.

Best of luck man. My job interview seemed to go really well today. Just waiting to hear back if I've got it or not.
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby Brad-K » Thu May 21, 2015 17:45

Farlig-K wrote:

Sorry you are having such a hard time. I pray it gets better for you.
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby Farlig-K » Thu May 21, 2015 18:47

Brad-K wrote:
Farlig-K wrote:

Thanks Brad. Luckily this week has been fairly relaxed and the possibility of having the business bought out seems all the more real. We need to compile financial statements as well as a "proposal" of sorts. If all goes well I might be in Australia (or even Florida, USA) in the next couple of months. I need to get out of this hell-hole of a country.
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby BassOvercast » Fri May 22, 2015 5:18

Farlig-K wrote:
Brad-K wrote:
Farlig-K wrote:

Thanks Brad. Luckily this week has been fairly relaxed and the possibility of having the business bought out seems all the more real. We need to compile financial statements as well as a "proposal" of sorts. If all goes well I might be in Australia (or even Florida, USA) in the next couple of months. I need to get out of this hell-hole of a country.

Praying for you too man. Sorry to hear all that.

In other news. My mum passed away this Wednesday from Cancer. So... everything's in disarray here. Everything feels really disjointed at the moment. The funeral is next Wednesday.
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby Farlig-K » Fri May 22, 2015 22:24

BassOvercast wrote:Praying for you too man. Sorry to hear all that.

In other news. My mum passed away this Wednesday from Cancer. So... everything's in disarray here. Everything feels really disjointed at the moment. The funeral is next Wednesday.

Sucks man. I'm really sorry to hear that. I pray and believe you will find comfort in this time of grief.
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby CanadianMetalFan » Fri May 22, 2015 23:44

Farlig-K wrote:
BassOvercast wrote:Praying for you too man. Sorry to hear all that.

Sucks man. I'm really sorry to hear that. I pray and believe you will find comfort in this time of grief.

I'll be praying for ya too brother.

- Joel
"...we have a practical, historical and biblical mandate to fervently disobey any unconstitutional laws and all government officials who cease to be good ministers of Jesus Christ. God almighty is the only power that deserves unlimited obedience."
CanadianMetalFan
Metal Hero

Postby Brad-K » Mon May 25, 2015 13:23

My condolences. I'm aware that your relationship with her was complex, and i know that the conclusion to the cancer experience is frequently equally complex.
I pray for your peace, comforting, and clarity, and for your entire family.
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Postby Brad-K » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:19

Any Werner News Yet?
Brad-K
Metal Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah