Getting off of Seroquel...

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Getting off of Seroquel...

Postby BassOvercast » Thu Jul 17, 2014 16:35

Well. As some, or maybe none, or something of you may or may not remember, past 3 and a half years I'd been on 300mg of Seroquel. Me and my psychiatrist have gradually lowered down my dosage to 150mg (with the intention of me being off it entirely in 6 or so weeks). This is where things are bound to get interesting though. This is around the mark where we'll see if I'm capable of handling reality off of medication or if it's a bad, baaaaad idea.
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Re: Getting off of Seroquel...

Postby Londo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 16:49

I hope it will work out. Try to lay it down before God and he will see you through. Will pray for you.
Londo
Metal Addict

Postby Brad-K » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:45

BassOvercast wrote:Well. As some, or maybe none, or something of you may or may not remember, past 3 and a half years I'd been on 300mg of Seroquel. Me and my psychiatrist have gradually lowered down my dosage to 150mg (with the intention of me being off it entirely in 6 or so weeks). This is where things are bound to get interesting though. This is around the mark where we'll see if I'm capable of handling reality free and clear of medication.

There, that's better.
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby BassOvercast » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:47

Brad-K wrote:
BassOvercast wrote:Well. As some, or maybe none, or something of you may or may not remember, past 3 and a half years I'd been on 300mg of Seroquel. Me and my psychiatrist have gradually lowered down my dosage to 150mg (with the intention of me being off it entirely in 6 or so weeks). This is where things are bound to get interesting though. This is around the mark where we'll see if I'm capable of handling reality free and clear of medication.

There, that's better.

I'm not particularly worried. Regardless of how it goes I'm going to make sure I get off Seroquel. It's doing way too many bad things to me at this point. But, it's certainly not going to be easy. It'll be one of the more difficult things I've ever gone through.
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby Brad-K » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:23

Less Seroquel, more Saraquel. :wink:
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Postby BassOvercast » Sat Jul 19, 2014 19:27

Brad-K wrote:Less Seroquel, more Saraquel. :wink:

I have... NO IDEA... what Saraquel is.

Looked it up in dictionary.com and translate.google.com (detect language) before I did a google search and had to stop it from searching Seroquel instead.
It would APPEAR you're referring to the angel mainly known as Samael, the Jewish mysticism angel of death?

That's pretty cool. I didn't know he had that name too.

Anyway... in other news. Today was a nice trip. While waiting for the opening acts for Voyager (who were AWESOME live, btw... significantly better than their studio sound)... reality started fragmenting around me. That's not to say I really went into a state of psychosis, but reality felt fragmented, disconnected, slightly insane. I felt sane. But the world felt insane. Didn't last long. But it WAS interesting. And somewhat inspiring. Semi-enjoyable too... I must confess. But my psychiatrist is definitely gonna want to know about this one.
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby Ghâshûl » Sat Jul 19, 2014 19:31

BassOvercast wrote:

A pun on your wifes name?

Good luck with getting off the meds!
Ghâshûl
Metal Deity

Title: Danish Dynamite

Postby BassOvercast » Sat Jul 19, 2014 20:24

Ghâshûl wrote:
BassOvercast wrote:

A pun on your wifes name?

Good luck with getting off the meds!

Ahhhh. How did I NOT see that? Genius.

Thanks Ghashy. :)
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby Brad-K » Sun Jul 20, 2014 21:36

" I felt sane. But the world felt insane."

Dude, you don't need a psychiatrist to tell you, you're on the right path. The world IS insane...COMPLETELY FLIPPIN' INSANE.

When you feel like that about 3/4% of the time at least, you'll be there.

"I'M NOT CRAZY! ...YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S CRAZY!..."

Brad-K
Metal Deity

Postby BassOvercast » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:31

Brad-K wrote:" I felt sane. But the world felt insane."

Dude, you don't need a psychiatrist to tell you, you're on the right path. The world IS insane...COMPLETELY FLIPPIN' INSANE.

When you feel like that about 3/4% of the time at least, you'll be there.

"I'M NOT CRAZY! ...YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S CRAZY!..."

Fair enough. Do love that song btw. I'm pretty sure that was the song I crowd surfed to when they played here.
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby BassOvercast » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:56

I'm now down to 100mg of seroquel a day. Despite the previous interesting incident, I haven't had any other particularly negative effects from getting off this. I've noticed however that I have to avoid getting roped into conversations of "depth" with stupid people. Because it'll make me rage.
But yeah, only 4 weeks until I'm off this stuff entirely.
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby Herrens Gåfva » Sun Aug 03, 2014 22:48

Being enraged by stupid people can happen to the best of us. Cool that you are soon off the medication.

Btw. This thread makes my mind jump to this one:
Last edited by Herrens Gåfva on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
I am going to take over ze world...
Herrens Gåfva
Metal Destructor

Title: World Dominator

Postby BassOvercast » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:52

Herrens Gåfva wrote:Being enraged by stupid people can happen to the best of us. Cool that you are soon off the medication.

Btw. This thread makes my mind jump to this one:
[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-eMdMsMgCU[/YouTube]

Hahaha. I loved that bit. I haven't seen that film for ages.
I've noticed that with this even lower dosage I've started having a lot more rapid cycling of emotions. It can get pretty intense, but like with all the things so far it just seems to come down to learning how to control it to the best of my abilities. Not that this is directly controllable, but for example, when I play mellow music instead of aggressive stuff it starts cycling more sedate moods and such. It's really interesting re-learning how I used to be before going on medication, with the perspective of a healthier more understanding person.
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby BassOvercast » Wed Aug 13, 2014 18:37

I'm now down to 50mg of Seroquel a night. I could use a lot of prayer. I've been dealing with a lot of dissociation on 100mg along with restless sleep. Here's where I need the strength of God and others to help me.
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby Brad-K » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:03

Anything that disruptive is certainly worth leaving behind. Hang in there, You're doing great. =D>

The Peace of God be upon You...The peace that passes all understanding. [-o<
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Next

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah