Getting off of Seroquel...

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Re: Getting off of Seroquel...

Postby Farlig-K » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:37

Brad-K wrote:Any Werner News Yet?

Well, my country is still a great big crap-hole and it's not getting better anytime soon. Our inflation-rate is shooting through the roof, everything is getting incredibly expensive and salaries aren't adjusted to equate for that. Our government is so corrupt they don't even know how to differentiate what's right and wrong anymore and they don't even care to hide it anymore.

I'm still planning on making a move to Australia, but I'm also considering Canada now - the US might be the "land of opportunity", but there are other countries that seem to provide better opportunities for me right now. I'm busy negotiating with our business partner to be in his full-time employment so I can get a work-sponsored VISA to go down under. If all things go according to plan, I'm out of here before the end of the year.

This has been an utter crap year for me so far. I'd rather die than live through another year like this.
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby Brad-K » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:09

Sorry you've had it so rough.
Hope things get better for you.
...God Bless.
Last edited by Brad-K on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:35, edited 1 time in total.
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby dimmick » Fri Jun 19, 2015 17:20

Brad-K wrote:I really don't know enough about different countries to comment, though I'm not sure if the US is the destination it once was...Maybe Texas, but my knowledge isn't necessarily current. I'm pretty sure if you are of the lowest peasant class, almost completely unskilled and uneducated, flat broke, homosexual and/or cross-gendered and/or with multiple breeding partners and multiple offspring, and enter the country in an other-than-legal manner, you are MOST welcome.

:roll:

Bummer to hear about the shady business in ZA, Werner - I can't imagine living in a place that was so dysfunctional. Sorry that opportunities aren't opening up for you here in the US, but best of luck with your Aussie adventures! :)
\m/
dimmick
Metal Hero

Title: I want this guy to be my custom title

Postby Immortal Frost » Sun Jun 21, 2015 13:32

Farlig-K wrote:Well, my country is still a great big crap-hole and it's not getting better anytime soon. Our inflation-rate is shooting through the roof, everything is getting incredibly expensive and salaries aren't adjusted to equate for that. Our government is so corrupt they don't even know how to differentiate what's right and wrong anymore and they don't even care to hide it anymore.

For a second I thought you had moved to Brazil :lol:
Immortal Frost
Metal Hero

Postby Brad-K » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:58

Immortal Frost wrote:
Farlig-K wrote:Well, my country is still a great big crap-hole and it's not getting better anytime soon. Our inflation-rate is shooting through the roof, everything is getting incredibly expensive and salaries aren't adjusted to equate for that. Our government is so corrupt they don't even know how to differentiate what's right and wrong anymore and they don't even care to hide it anymore.

Kind of what I was (gently) trying to say about the US.

Anyways, (Werner) I feel so bad for your wife and M.I.L. How are they doing? I wish I was better at prayer.
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby Farlig-K » Mon Jun 29, 2015 22:08

Brad-K wrote:
Immortal Frost wrote:

Kind of what I was (gently) trying to say about the US.

Anyways, (Werner) I feel so bad for your wife and M.I.L. How are they doing? I wish I was better at prayer.

Don't stress is man. The past year has been quite rough, but by God's grace (I guess?) we're doing alright. I keep telling everyone I've had a lifetime's worth of problems in less than a year. To recap:

1. I was forced to leave my previous long-time employer from September 2014 and was back-stabbed in the process and robbed of roughly US$40,000. I was forced to start my own company together with the whole development team - we were 8 people in total and had NO work to start with. As a result I've taken several pay-cuts, including a couple of months with no salary at all. I still need to fight off SARS (the ZA equivalent of the IRS) because the previous employer didn't pay the tax they were supposed to. Because of this I had to max out 2 credit cards which I'm now struggling to pay back.
  2. My father-in-law committed suicide on 2 December 2014 and my mother-in-law has since moved in to stay with my wife and I.
  3. My wife's cousin (mother-in-law's niece) was murdered at a holiday resort in Mauritius on 31 December 2014. Mauritz, what the hell is going on over on your island? GET A GRIP MAN!
  4. My dog was bitten to death on 4 May 2015. She was like my child for the past 6 years and slept against my side every single evening.
  5. We had to fight off squatters from my mother-in-law's house after it was sold. Even though the tenants (so-called "Christians") were served an eviction notice by the sheriff, they still refused to leave. Apparently the occupation laws in ZA favour the tenant and not the owner. Go figure.
  6. I've been working roughly 12 hours each day for the past 8-9 months to make enough money to pay my staff. For the most part that includes holidays and weekends.

During all this I've suffered 3 serious anxiety attacks in which my wife wanted to rush me to the nearest hospital. To be brutally honest all this has caused me to question my own faith somewhat. I keep praying and asking for help and to let the rotten luck just end. It feels like I'm not getting any answers and before I know it another problem appears at my doorstep. I guess I'm living Job's life at the moment whereby everything is just taken away from me to "cleanse" me or something. I just don't know anymore. There's still that small spark inside me that wants to believe in a Good God and reading my signature makes me want to fight of the negative thoughts and reaffirm my beliefs.

I dunno, I guess I'm just a bit tired and confused these days.
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby Crossbearer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:43

Mauritz, what the hell is going on over on your island? GET A GRIP MAN!

There was some kind of revolution and I'm not allowed in anymore.

Sorry for your hardships man, sounds really horrible.
Hope better times are upon you soon,
"Obviously they make me want to pee in public places, but that's mostly because I drink the "pickle juice" after I'm done downing a jar."
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Title: Thrash Diddy

Previous

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah