Japan and metal

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Re: Japan and metal

Postby Londo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 16:54

I'm a fan of Death Rabbits
Londo
Metal Addict

Postby BassOvercast » Fri Aug 14, 2015 17:30

Londo wrote:I'm a fan of Death Rabbits

Only really enjoy this with the male vocals. I hope that guy has a project with just him somewhere...
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Postby GabrielaOlem » Fri Aug 21, 2015 16:56

Immortal Frost wrote:Sometimes I enjoy BABYMETAL too :lol:

Remembering that times we were kind of addicted to that little beautys, hehe. We traveled 2 hours repeating the album and singing all the songs from them (me singing most of the times, actually). No shame, just enjoying. :D
GabrielaOlem
Metal Wannabe

Postby BassOvercast » Fri Aug 21, 2015 18:33

GabrielaOlem wrote:

Remembering that times we were kind of addicted to that little beautys, hehe. We traveled 2 hours repeating the album and singing all the songs from them (me singing most of the times, actually). No shame, just enjoying. :D

Outside of music recommendations and seen live performances etc. I try not to discuss music with most my metalhead friends beyond which bands I do and don't like. I have very differing opinions to the majority of them on composition styles etc.
I won't lie, I like a chunk of pop music and pop influenced music myself, but I just can't get into stuff like Babymetal. I feel that way about a lot of Asian music though. A lot of it is very hit or miss for me. Much like English comedy. heh.
That is cool though. I do love when you find an album you can just loop for hours on end. First album like that for me was Shape of Despair's album "Illusion's Play."
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby Mr. Blueberry » Fri Aug 21, 2015 23:31

I'm not ashamed to say this: I like Babymetal
Mr. Blueberry
Metal Hero

Title: Mr. Thrashberry!

Postby Mr. Blueberry » Fri Aug 21, 2015 23:35

Immortal Frost wrote:
Mr. Blueberry wrote:

Very good, but it sounds like a normal metal band. If it's Japanese, it needs the J element, something unusual :P

The way they actually don't sound weird, like many other J-bands, is what I like. They sound really old school!
AND they are named after a samurai and their lyrics are mostly about samurais!
Mr. Blueberry
Metal Hero

Title: Mr. Thrashberry!

Postby BassOvercast » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:42

Not actually Japanese, but Asian themed. These guys are from my city. I actually get most of my music equipment from the frontman at his guitar store. XD

BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby GabrielaOlem » Sun Aug 23, 2015 20:52

BassOvercast wrote:That is cool though. I do love when you find an album you can just loop for hours on end. First album like that for me was Shape of Despair's album "Illusion's Play."

Wow, that happened to me with the "Still Motion" song of them once. :D
GabrielaOlem
Metal Wannabe

Postby BassOvercast » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:58

GabrielaOlem wrote:
BassOvercast wrote:That is cool though. I do love when you find an album you can just loop for hours on end. First album like that for me was Shape of Despair's album "Illusion's Play."

still motion is off their album Illusion's Play. So that makes sense. The album was very, very good. Still one of my all time favourite albums.
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby GabrielaOlem » Thu Aug 27, 2015 22:45

BassOvercast wrote:
GabrielaOlem wrote:

still motion is off their album Illusion's Play. So that makes sense. The album was very, very good. Still one of my all time favourite albums.

Yeah, but that song was the one that got me!
Yes, really amazing music there. =D>
GabrielaOlem
Metal Wannabe

Postby BassOvercast » Fri Aug 28, 2015 16:53

GabrielaOlem wrote:
BassOvercast wrote:
GabrielaOlem wrote:Wow, that happened to me with the "Still Motion" song of them once. :D

Yeah, but that song was the one that got me!
Yes, really amazing music there. =D>

Well that is the song on the album that's about finding hope and faith in a horrible life as a means to keep going forwards. I never realised how uplifting that song was until I read the lyrics.
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Postby Immortal Frost » Mon Sep 14, 2015 0:23

GabrielaOlem wrote:

Hehe, yes, we really enjoyed. I'd like to see them live because I think it would be a lot of fun ^^

Mr. Blueberry wrote:I'm not ashamed to say this: I like Babymetal

:)
And they are getting better

Immortal Frost
Metal Hero

Previous

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah