"Anyone Else" and Beer

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Postby Farlig-K » Wed Apr 12, 2006 17:31

JesusMetal wrote:I shine the light in showing that christianity isn't about laws and what you are all supposed to not do, it's about what I can do, it's about freedom.

i agree about Christianity not about being about rules - this is called "religion" (and anyone wanting to address THIS topic, in another thread please). but i still think we shouldn't guide others into potentially wrong/dangerous circumstances.

JesusMetal wrote:And this is for the first time I hear a south american.

i'm not south american. i'm nowhere NEAR america... :wink:

JesusMetal wrote:It is in the Bible that you should not do things you doubt of. But I think this should be doubt based on the Bible. While most doubt is based on the criticism you get from the "traditional christians". Have you never doubted listening metal? Does that make it a sin?
i don't think it's just about doubt based on the Bible. i believe it as a guideline for everyday and i generally apply that rule - in that way, i can be sure (well, at least TRY) not to commit sinful acts. and to be honest, i discovered Christian metal long before i got saved, so i never doubted listening to it! :wink:
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby Ansgar » Wed Apr 12, 2006 17:32

I suppose I just want to butt in a make sure that this doesnt become a flame war of sorts from anyone. that would not be cool at all. love love LOVE! :D
Jesus Loves Sweden!
Ansgar
Metal Hero

Title: Apostle To The North

Postby Farlig-K » Wed Apr 12, 2006 17:37

Ansgar wrote:I suppose I just want to butt in a make sure that this doesnt become a flame war of sorts from anyone. that would not be cool at all. love love LOVE! :D

hehehe... thanks. but i don't aim my remarks at anyone. i'm just stating an opinion and i know everyone is entitled to their own. i actually enjoy this type of discussion - someone else reading it may not have an opinion on this subject yet, and can gain some useful info here! :P
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby praha » Wed Apr 12, 2006 17:45

Wether I doubt or not, I don't doubt that I don't drink alcohol.
praha
Metal Hero

Postby No One » Wed Apr 12, 2006 17:48

PerilousBehavior wrote:
Nobody wrote:....Who's "Anyone Else"?

Brad, stop lurking and log in!!!

But I like to lurk. It's dark here.
No One

Postby Farlig-K » Wed Apr 12, 2006 17:50

^^ :roll: ^^
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby dimmick » Wed Apr 12, 2006 17:52

praha wrote:Wether I doubt or not, I don't doubt that I don't drink alcohol.

Agreed. It's an epidemic here at college (even at a supposedly "Christian college"), but I do my best to avoid it.
dimmick
Metal Hero

Title: I want this guy to be my custom title

Postby praha » Wed Apr 12, 2006 17:55

Concordia?
praha
Metal Hero

Postby dimmick » Wed Apr 12, 2006 17:57

dimmick
Metal Hero

Postby praha » Wed Apr 12, 2006 18:01

ok. haven't heard of it. just wanted to check. :wink:
praha
Metal Hero

Postby dimmick » Wed Apr 12, 2006 18:03

praha wrote:ok. haven't heard of it. just wanted to check. :wink:

No problem - we're a tiny little school, so I'm not surprised. Very few people have heard of us, except maybe a few of the Americans here who follow college basketball and might remember that we had a pretty good team like 5 years ago....
dimmick
Metal Hero

Postby praha » Wed Apr 12, 2006 18:21

dimmick wrote:Agreed. It's an epidemic here at college (even at a supposedly "Christian college"), but I do my best to avoid it.

I've experienced what you say here myself. People don't always know their own limits. I think it's sad to see friends wandering drunk in the halls between dorm rooms at a Bible-college.
praha
Metal Hero

Postby dimmick » Wed Apr 12, 2006 18:30

praha wrote:
dimmick wrote:Agreed. It's an epidemic here at college (even at a supposedly "Christian college"), but I do my best to avoid it.

I've experienced what you say here myself. People don't always know their own limits. I think it's sad to see friends wandering drunk in the halls between dorm rooms at a Bible-college.

Definitely.

Luckily most of my good friends here don't drink, but the one who is going to be my roommate next year does do so on occasion. I've told him that he isn't allowed to bring it in the room, but I can't very well tell him what he can and can't do outside the room. I'm still going to try to convince him to give it up entirely, but I'm not sure he'll listen.
dimmick
Metal Hero

Postby Max » Wed Apr 12, 2006 19:40

PerilousBehavior wrote:i agree about Christianity not about being about rules - this is called "religion" (and anyone wanting to address THIS topic, in another thread please). but i still think we shouldn't guide others into potentially wrong/dangerous circumstances.

In the end everyone is responsible for their own actions. This is like "you can't drive a car, because someone unsaved might think that it would mean driving a car is good, and they might not know their limits and they could drive through red and kill children".

PerilousBehavior wrote:i'm not south american. i'm nowhere NEAR america... :wink:

Yes I know, I just typed American without realising I typed American instead of African :P
www.JesusMetal.com
The Extreme Side of Christianity

Max
Metal Hero

Title: MadMax

Postby Farlig-K » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:35

JesusMetal wrote:In the end everyone is responsible for their own actions. This is like "you can't drive a car, because someone unsaved might think that it would mean driving a car is good, and they might not know their limits and they could drive through red and kill children".

personally, i don't think you can make that association. it's a whole different scenario. we (as Christians) should set the example and help and guide others on the right path. driving a car has nothing to do with Christianity, but i think alcohol (or rather the quantities that are consumed thereof) has a major impact on Christianity.

JesusMetal wrote:Yes I know, I just typed American without realising I typed American instead of African :P
np. was just correcting you. no harm intended! :D
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Previous

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah