I'm back

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Re: I'm back

Postby BassOvercast » Thu Sep 03, 2015 17:49

GabrielaOlem wrote:
BassOvercast wrote:I think you should update your profile picture to show your new resplendent and magnificent beard.

Poor Rafa, had to cut his facial art because everyone said he was looking islamic and we could have problems when travelling to Norway now in september. :?

Well.... terrorists ARE illegal.
Brad-K wrote:"Flop it on the flibbity-floo, rock it on the jim-jam, jump up, turn around, pick a bale of cotton....and hit 'enter'......simple!" :roll:
BassOvercast
Metal Champion

Title: Levi, slayer of mice

Postby Farlig-K » Mon Sep 07, 2015 20:03

GabrielaOlem wrote:
BassOvercast wrote:I think you should update your profile picture to show your new resplendent and magnificent beard.

Poor Rafa, had to cut his facial art because everyone said he was looking islamic and we could have problems when travelling to Norway now in september. :?

What's wrong with looking Islamic? And what is "Islamic" anyway? I know a couple of people who are caucasian and subscribe to Islam. You'd never know if you met them on the street...
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby GabrielaOlem » Thu Sep 10, 2015 15:29

Farlig-K wrote:
GabrielaOlem wrote:

What's wrong with looking Islamic? And what is "Islamic" anyway? I know a couple of people who are caucasian and subscribe to Islam. You'd never know if you met them on the street...

Unfortunately, with this wave of terrorism and extremists islamics doing bad things, looking like a islamic is not a good thing. For your question of what looks like, I could say that the beard and the physical characteristics of Rafa (eyebrows, nose, black hair) were remembering the stereotype the media makes of arabic people.
We just couldn't take the risk.
GabrielaOlem
Metal Wannabe

Postby Immortal Frost » Mon Sep 14, 2015 0:52

GabrielaOlem wrote:

;/

Perhaps in the future, I will let it grow again...
Immortal Frost
Metal Hero

Postby Immortal Frost » Mon Sep 14, 2015 0:57

Hadn't seen the second page...

Farlig-K wrote:What's wrong with looking Islamic? And what is "Islamic" anyway? I know a couple of people who are caucasian and subscribe to Islam. You'd never know if you met them on the street...

Exactly, that's what I say, but...

GabrielaOlem wrote:Unfortunately, with this wave of terrorism and extremists islamics doing bad things, looking like a islamic is not a good thing. For your question of what looks like, I could say that the beard and the physical characteristics of Rafa (eyebrows, nose, black hair) were remembering the stereotype the media makes of arabic people.
We just couldn't take the risk.
Immortal Frost
Metal Hero

Previous

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah