Wow! It's been forever

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Wow! It's been forever

Postby Frost » Thu May 25, 2017 23:37

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on this forum forever, I kind of dropped out after the "last" NordicFest :P

For those new that don't know me, I'm Frost... obviously... :D Magnus is my real name though. I love dragons, metal, especially Demon Hunter, board games and Magic the Gathering. And I'm on the 4th place of the people with the most posts on this forum.

For those who DO know me, I'm super-excited for NordicFest2017 and I really want to be there meeting you guys again. How's life on forum at the moment btw? Lot's of activity? Or kind of silent?
*,..,* FROST THE COLD-BLOODED *,..,*

"Villmarken" - A novel by Magnus E. Larsen <--- This is the homepage for my novel
MagnusEL.com <--- My job website
Frost
Metal Destructor

Title: The cold-blooded

Re: Wow! It's been forever

Postby Crossbearer » Fri May 26, 2017 11:24

This place is kind of empty nowadays.
"Obviously they make me want to pee in public places, but that's mostly because I drink the "pickle juice" after I'm done downing a jar."
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Title: Thrash Diddy

Postby Frost » Fri May 26, 2017 14:40

Crossbearer wrote:This place is kind of empty nowadays.

Awww :( That sucks :|

"Villmarken" - A novel by Magnus E. Larsen <--- This is the homepage for my novel
Frost
Metal Destructor

Postby Brad-K » Sun May 28, 2017 21:29

"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby Frost » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:05

Brad-K wrote:http://www.nordicfest.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15204&p=483224&hilit=frost#p483224

Awwww :D Good to hear that I was being missed, you guys are awesome :D

I recently finished my Bachelor Degree in IT and Web Design. Trying to find a job ATM. :wink:

Frost
Metal Destructor

Postby Immortal Frost » Sun Jun 18, 2017 0:17

Frost wrote:For those who DO know me, I'm super-excited for NordicFest2017 and I really want to be there meeting you guys again.

Cool! I'll be there again this year. :)

Frost wrote:I recently finished my Bachelor Degree in IT and Web Design. Trying to find a job ATM. :wink:

Congrats! And I hope you can find a job asap ;)
I would like to work with IT (I also have a bachelor degree in IT), but I don't have professional experience and worse than that, I don't have enough knowledge (I just need to study again and practice, I know...)
Immortal Frost
Metal Hero

Postby Frost » Sun Jun 18, 2017 0:44

Immortal Frost wrote:
Frost wrote:For those who DO know me, I'm super-excited for NordicFest2017 and I really want to be there meeting you guys again.

Frost wrote:I recently finished my Bachelor Degree in IT and Web Design. Trying to find a job ATM. :wink:

I would like to work with IT (I also have a bachelor degree in IT), but I don't have professional experience and worse than that, I don't have enough knowledge (I just need to study again and practice, I know...)

Yeah, practicing IT is important, it's so easy to forget those kind of skills. You also need to be up to date on the newest technology. Luckily programming skills is highly sought after. :D I work both back-end and front-end :wink:

Frost
Metal Destructor

Postby Immortal Frost » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:26

Frost wrote:it's so easy to forget those kind of skills

oh, I know it well :lol:
Immortal Frost
Metal Hero

Postby Farlig-K » Sun Jun 18, 2017 18:04

Frost wrote:
Immortal Frost wrote:

Yeah, practicing IT is important, it's so easy to forget those kind of skills. You also need to be up to date on the newest technology. Luckily programming skills is highly sought after. :D I work both back-end and front-end* :wink:

*full stack

Programming is a sought after skill yes, but it's very easy to be very bad at your job. I've been running my own software development company now for 3 years, with a successful track record of delivering high profile projects. Our biggest markets currently are telecoms and insurance. I've had very good developers and even more bad developers and there's a very fine line that one has to walk. Also be aware that the fintech hype is real - once you have a reputation for doing even "just adequate" work in fintech, you'll be overwhelmed by requests and job offers. It becomes even better if you're somewhat acquainted with block-chain technology, as most large VC's are jumping to back companies focusing on block-chain tech.
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah