Donald Trump

Where the Grøt is... off-topic, non-music related discussions & a lot of fun!

Moderators: DrNordic, Dr Apocalypse, XeNoMoRpH, Ghâshûl

Re: Donald Trump

Postby Brad-K » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:56

But it would seem, only as observed from a climate of better politics. Not much good metal coming out of China, North Korea, Venezuela, etc. Seems to me like good metal flourishes in relative peace, freedom, and prosperity.
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Title: Any Lengsel News Yet?

Postby Farlig-K » Tue Apr 04, 2017 16:48

Brad-K wrote:I dunno...is SA free from corruption yet?

HAHAHAHAHA

Biggest joke ever. Corruption has been on the rise with our idiotic president and it only got worse. Our finance minister has yet again been fired, together with half of the the deputy finance minister and a bunch of other cabinet members (which happened urgently last week Wednesday at 23:00 the evening). S&P Global has downgraded SA to junk status for international finance and investment for the first time in 17 years, with the other 2 big ratings agencies (Moody's and Fitch) to follow suit next week. Our currency is taking a beating again after recovering slightly due to investor confidence in our finance minister (who is now gone). The new finance minister is the bozo who ran our national airline into the ground with billions of dollars of debt to be recovered and there's a pending "trillions of dollars" nuclear deal with Russia that is waiting to be signed off. A rival political party with a fairly strong following is inciting hate speech against the white people of our country and is urging the younger, impressionable black people to "take back the land which the colonialist pigs stole from them", which is leading to farm murders spiraling out of control - to the point where it's been debated in national assembly and raised to crisis level. This particular individual gets away without so much as a slap on the wrist, while the ex-leader of the opposition party (a white female) stated that colonialism wasn't ALL bad (technological progress, international treaties, etc) and she's being hated on from all angles.

So, through the eyes of someone living in a super corrupt, economic mess of a country, the USA seems pretty great.
G O ( O ) D
--------------------------
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Title: Chief of the Ancients

Postby Crossbearer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:37

Brad-K wrote:But it would seem, only as observed from a climate of better politics. Not much good metal coming out of China, North Korea, Venezuela, etc. Seems to me like good metal flourishes in relative peace, freedom, and prosperity.

That's true.
Bad politics combined with a climate of free speech and freedom of journalism seems to be the recipe for good metal.
"Obviously they make me want to pee in public places, but that's mostly because I drink the "pickle juice" after I'm done downing a jar."
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Title: Thrash Diddy

Postby Brad-K » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:42

Crossbearer wrote:
Brad-K wrote:But it would seem, only as observed from a climate of better politics. Not much good metal coming out of China, North Korea, Venezuela, etc. Seems to me like good metal flourishes in relative peace, freedom, and prosperity.

That's true.
Bad politics combined with a climate of free speech and freedom of journalism seems to be the recipe for good metal.

A good degree of personal unhappiness/dis-satisfaction seems to help sometimes as well.
"...Schnappster, half a joint o' ragweed...that's decent...now all we gotta do is find us some chicks..."
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Postby Brad-K » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:46

Farlig-K wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA

Biggest joke ever. Corruption has been on the rise with our idiotic president and it only got worse. Our finance minister has yet again been fired, together with half of the the deputy finance minister and a bunch of other cabinet members (which happened urgently last week Wednesday at 23:00 the evening). S&P Global has downgraded SA to junk status for international finance and investment for the first time in 17 years, with the other 2 big ratings agencies (Moody's and Fitch) to follow suit next week. Our currency is taking a beating again after recovering slightly due to investor confidence in our finance minister (who is now gone). The new finance minister is the bozo who ran our national airline into the ground with billions of dollars of debt to be recovered and there's a pending "trillions of dollars" nuclear deal with Russia that is waiting to be signed off. A rival political party with a fairly strong following is inciting hate speech against the white people of our country and is urging the younger, impressionable black people to "take back the land which the colonialist pigs stole from them", which is leading to farm murders spiraling out of control - to the point where it's been debated in national assembly and raised to crisis level. This particular individual gets away without so much as a slap on the wrist, while the ex-leader of the opposition party (a white female) stated that colonialism wasn't ALL bad (technological progress, international treaties, etc) and she's being hated on from all angles.

So, through the eyes of someone living in a super corrupt, economic mess of a country, the USA seems pretty great.

Sorry to hear that....though, sounds like you're just about in line with the rest of the planet. :cry:
Brad-K
Metal Deity

Postby Farlig-K » Sun Apr 16, 2017 19:58

Brad-K wrote:
Farlig-K wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA

Sorry to hear that....though, sounds like you're just about in line with the rest of the planet. :cry:

I'm trying to keep tabs on what's happening internationally (US bombing the middle eastern countries again, terrorism in Europe again, LGBT community outrage at someone's comment again), but the sheer stupidity and arrogance of our national leader astounds me. There are weekly marches happening to major political centers in our country currently and all political parties are uniting against the ANC (current ruling party) to try and impeach the president. Lets hope something comes from it, but I severely doubt it.

Our economy is in shambles currently with inflation way above what most people can afford - "official" inflation is around 7%, but economists agree that the "real world" inflation is closer to 16%. Salaries get adjusted by an average of 6.5% across the country currently, with very few companies actually paying out bonuses. That means people are generally 9.5% poorer each year, compounding as each year goes by. Being a business owner myself, I'm really feeling the pinch. Staff can't keep up with living costs, so I'm forced to adjust salaries at a rate of 15% per annum, while clients can't afford to pay 10% more for the services we render. So that 15% is coming off the bottom line of the company, which wasn't profitable to begin with (being a startup trading for only 2.5 years now). I've had to make several salary sacrifices myself to keep everything afloat and can't afford to give myself an increase, due to staff being paid first.

At least my wife loves and supports me and I still have good music to listen to. If it weren't for that, I honestly don't think life would be worth living anymore.
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Postby Crossbearer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:06

Come here.
I'll make you a cup of coffee.

"Obviously they make me want to pee in public places, but that's mostly because I drink the "pickle juice" after I'm done downing a jar."
-Kheiron on pickles
Crossbearer
Metal Overlord

Title: Thrash Diddy

Postby Farlig-K » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:51

Crossbearer wrote:Come here.
I'll make you a cup of coffee.

I'd like that. Coffee would be good right about now.
G O ( O ) D
\\\GOD IS GOOD///
Farlig-K
Metal Champion

Previous

Return to Yeah Yeah Yeah